The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 7, 2008, 01:51 AM   #1
mathman

XCS Marine Magnum Questions

I haven't posted in a while...but here goes.

Does anyone know if the new, black marine magnum has the plastic or aluminum trigger group?

Also, does it have a machined extractor like the police models?

It seems as though it has some of the same features as the police models (such as the fore end and speed feed stock). I know that the police model is the best of the 870s, but it seems as though the XCS Marine Magnum is maybe on a par...it sure is expensive...in fact, more than the police models.

Does anyone have the answers to these questions from first hand experience?
Old October 7, 2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

Like most of the Tactical and Marine series, the XCS is based on the Express series.
The full Police gun features are used only in the Police series.
Most of these Tactical and Marine guns use some of the same feature as the Police guns due to the magazine extensions.
Like the Express series however, the quality of polish under the finish and other features are straight Express.

Remington has apparently started using the plastic trigger groups in ALL shotguns, INCLUDING the Police models.
The polymer guard has proven to stand up and last just as long as the compressed powdered aluminum guards of the older guns.

I'm not sure about the current Marine series extractors.

Basically, the Marine and Tactical series are sort of "enhanced" Express guns.
Old October 7, 2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Scattergun Bob

mathman

Examining one of these at the last gun show, it looks like a slurry metal extractor, If you get one and want the P/N for a forged one PM me.

Over all this scattergun is usable, and I could find no great faults. Stock was a little long, as always, finish seems good.

Good Luck & Be Safe