The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 24, 2010, 12:55 AM   #1
mozart3100

Gecado Pistol

I have .25 ACP caliber Gecado semi auto pistol. I know it has little intrinsic
value as it was cheaply made in Germany(year unknown); but it does have a certain sentimental value to me because it was the first gun I ever owned.
Often, however, it will fail to feed a round into the chamber. This occurs on about the third round each time it's fired. How can I determine what causes this problem, and what can I do about it short of taking it to a gunsmith(which I will do if necessary?)
Old September 24, 2010, 07:47 AM   #2
mapsjanhere

What exactly is happening? Does the old case get extracted, but the new one stays in the magazine? Does the new round get stripped but fails to properly feed? In the first case, I would be check the magazine lips for damage, and clean and oil the magazine. If that doesn't help, check numrich for a new magazine spring. In the second case, maybe a change of ammo might help (you might have an incompatible bullet shape, those little things were build for FMJ at the time), or your feed ramp might need a good polish.