The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 7, 2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Old_Dog

'Shotgun Joe' refuses to go quietly into the night.

Seems like old "Shotgun" Joe is not giving up. On Friday he sent out this letter despite polls showing that most Americans want to move on and leave the gun control issue behind. I think that old Shotgun Joe has finally found something to do in the Whitehouse other than fetching coffee for the President or attending events that are too boring for Obama to personally show up at. I have a feeling that he does not want to leave a legacy of failing at the only non sidekick job he had as Vice President. There is a rumor that a certain shotgun manufacturer is renaming their door breaching shotgun, the Biden model. Guaranteed to scare away burglars by shooting through any type door in the house. Even SWAT teams are now calling breaching a door, a 'Biden'.

Read more here
Old June 7, 2013, 03:39 PM   #2
BarryLee

Yes, Uncle Joe is attempting to remain relevant and it also sounds like they could use a little, “Wag the Dog” right now. However, we also need to remember the enemies of freedom are still at work and their after our Second Amendment Rights.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old June 7, 2013, 06:24 PM   #3
claymore1500

"Shotgun Joe" may be crazy, but he's not stupid, He knows full well that the gun control issue is done.

I believe what he is doing, is trying to draw some of the fire away from his boss, and all of "The big O's" pet scandals, he knows if he fires up the anti-gun control crowd, we will again flood the house and senate with the same phone calls, E-mails and letters as we did before.

The investigators will be side tracked away from Obama, maybe enough to let him run, OR they will stay focused on Obama, and maybe Joe can slip some form of gun control in the back door.

Trust me when I say, "He knows exactly what he is doing".
Old June 7, 2013, 08:56 PM   #4
KyJim

The gun control bit is not going to divert attention from what's happening. It might have if the administration had left the press alone. Like Mark Twain said, "Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel."
Old June 7, 2013, 09:02 PM   #5
TXAZ

Politically speaking, if you repeat a lie enough times loudly and with confidence, many people will accept it as fact. In Mass Communications, it's called propagandizing. Some guy named Goebbels made this technique famous 70 years ago by showing its effectiveness by using a systemic saturation of communications mediums for his messaging.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes

Last edited by TXAZ; June 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old June 7, 2013, 09:11 PM   #6
fragtagninja

Just wondering if anyone else has ever wondered if our vice president likes the sauce?

A lot of his "advice" sounds like drunk logic me. Thoughts?
Old June 7, 2013, 09:34 PM   #7
TXAZ

Fragtag
He has reminded me of Lyndon Johnson for some time. According to PBS, LBJ allegedly went through one or two 1/5's of Cutty Sark nightly

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old June 7, 2013, 11:31 PM   #8
SHE3PDOG

Interesting, but like others have said, I doubt that he is doing this purely in the hopes that he can reignite the gun control issue. Perhaps he wants to appear as though he is still trying to achieve the goal that was set forth for him back in January. I'm sure he is still a little sore from the vote turn out for gun control.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms

Tags
gun control , gun rights , gunhand , joe biden , senior citizen