The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 13, 2000, 12:09 AM   #1
Chuck45

Can someone tell me what parts I need to convert my Lee Pro 1000 from 45ACP to 9mm? Besides the dies, I assume I need the small pistol primer 'chute' and smaller shell holder. Anything else?

Thanks,

Chuck
Old January 13, 2000, 05:24 AM   #2
ML

If you are going to be changing back and forth between calibers I would buy a extra tool head so you do not have to remove your dies and loose your adjustments. I believe Midway USA has them for less than $10, They are also a good source for the shell plate and primer tray/chute.

Good Luck
Old January 14, 2000, 08:11 PM   #3
Colduglandon

If you are going from large to small primers I think you there are some other changes to be made. I currently have my press set up for 38 special/357. I bought the shell plate carrier for 45ACP, but I have not tried to change calibers yet. My old Lee dies won't work with the 1000 set up. As I recall I need the powder through die to mount the powder measure on. Still doing 45 on my Challenger Press. I think your right about the tool head. A friend that loads several calibers has setups for each caliber.