The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 13, 2017, 11:39 PM   #1
Northslope Nimrod

Recommend single clip IWB Appendix holster...

I need a comfortable holster for Appendix Carry. I want it to be IWB with a single clip. I'm leaning toward a hybrid. (kydex and leather or other material)

Two that I've been reading about are the N82 and the Theis. Others?

I will be getting this holster for a Springfield XDS 4 inch. But I may get one for my CZ P10c as well. I'm also hoping to not break the bank. $40 to $60 would be nice. $75 would be my upper limit.

If you must recommend a fully kydex holster, go ahead. I will consider those as well. I have a CYA for my Shield and it seems pretty good but I've only been using it for a couple days. Jury is still out. It doesn't adjust.....Not sure if an adjustable one would really impress me or not...

Also, here is a bonus question. I have an Alien Gear two clip holster that I sometimes use. By adjusting the screws a bit I can use it with a few different firearms besides the one it was molded for. The retention is still pretty good. Anyone find they can do this with their single clip hybrids? (I have several 9mm's)
Old December 14, 2017, 02:53 AM   #2
ms6852

https://ozarksholstercompany.com/sho...-clip-holster/
Old December 14, 2017, 03:43 PM   #3
38Mike

For a 100% kydex, the Vedder Light Tuck is nice, has a very strong but thin steel clip, lots of adjustment and tuckable feature.....

For a straight leather rig you can't go wrong with Mitch Rosen CLP, or Clipper; has the strongest steel clip, just the amount of leather needed to cover gun, an excellent holster..

Sorry to not have hybrid experience; have used the two above for MANY years with Glock 26, and now a S&W 45ACP Shield........good, good, good, stuff

Mike
Old December 16, 2017, 03:34 PM   #4
Brian48

Don't know if they make it any more, but I got this from Stealthgearusa. Most comfortable holster I've used yet. It's a hybrid. The clip is actually made to be flexible and rotates slightly left/right so it can adjust to your body position. A bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. Drove with it on a 4-5 road trip once and it was great.

Old December 20, 2017, 10:49 AM   #5
Oldjarhead

Vedder holsters also have a hybrid that will work for you. It is called the "Rapid tuck." They make one for your Springfield XDS, four inch barrel. The clip is cant adjustable by simple loosening and tightening a screw.
Old January 6, 2018, 11:45 AM   #6
onespeedbiker

While I use a double clip Foxx magazine holster, they also have a single clip ($23.00) with an optional Leather "comfort pad" for an additional $5.00. https://www.foxxholsters.com/product...ant=1215499917
Old January 8, 2018, 06:48 PM   #7
SauerGrapes

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/c...-xds40-holster

I just bought a couple of these for my ccw guns. Minimalist type kydex. I like the single clip, easy on easy off. under $40.

R.I.P.____Murphy
Old January 9, 2018, 09:11 AM   #8
BfloBill

I wanted to try appendix carry and went with the Vedder light tuck. It's adjustable for cant and ride depth, and was my first kydex holster (I always preferred leather). Now it's my favorite holster.
Old January 9, 2018, 10:13 PM   #9
Irondog54

These guys make a very clean, reliable holster. They will accomodate. Ask them for a neutral rake clop for appendix carry.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BRHOLSTERS