The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old July 31, 2010, 05:21 PM   #1
stargazer65

Fun day at the range

My wife and I went with a new friend. We blasted an old target stand to bits with two 12 gauges. Had fun with my wife's XD9 and my 637. Had a nice leisurely round with a Henry .22 lever. Finished up with my friend's Colt 1911 and a Glock 36. I was surprised at how well the Glock 36 shot, I thought it was going to be a handful what with shooting .45 out of such a small platform. Not so, it was easy to shoot. Of course the Colt was sweet to shoot as expected.

This was also my wife's first time with shotguns. She did well.
Old August 1, 2010, 06:46 PM   #2
SigP6Carry

Sounds like a fantastic day! Glad to hear about the Glock 36. I've always liked those.

Edit: I guess I should also mention that I like XD9's and 1911s... and 12ga shotguns... wait... are there really any guns I don't like?! But, yeah, I love to hear about good range trips.
Old August 1, 2010, 08:25 PM   #3
stargazer65

Thanks Thomme, you know the funny thing? There we had a 1911, an XD, a Glock, and a revolver all together, and we just had fun shooting them. There weren't any arguments about which is more reliable, or whether polymer is better, or whether all steel is better. We just enjoyed shooting them all, and they all shot great.
Old August 27, 2010, 05:07 AM   #4
"JJ"

That is the difference in the "forum" and the "range"!

My experience with Taurus would have me steering other members and friends away from them.
But if me and you go to shoot together & you have a working Taurus, I can enjoy shooting it!
Maybe thats just me!

At the range, reliability may be established, but its not as critical! Or it shouldn't be!
The trip should be just what you guys had,
a good time!!