The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 9, 2001, 11:55 PM   #1
Foxy

Magpul Industries Thumbs Up

Hey,

Just wanted to let you all know of a very positive experience I had with Magpul industries.

I ordered a 7 pack of the 7.62mm Magpuls for my HK91 (the 20rd magazines sit very low in the pouches I have for them, and I wanted to make it easier to grab them). The cost was $26 including S&H.

When I recieved the package in the mail, it was a pack of the 5.56mm Magpuls. Doh! I sent off an e-mail to Magpul and asked if I could return them and get the correct size sent out.

I recieved an e-mail the next day from Mr. Fitzpatrick, the president of Magpul, saying:

Hi Jason,

I will send the correct packet of 7.62 Black out to you in tomorrow's mail.
Keep the 5.56 packet as a way for us to apologize for the mix up.

Cheers,

Richard Fitzpatrick
President- Magpul Industries Corp

So they basically ate the $26 and gave me a free pack of 5.56mm Magpuls. The replacements arrived in a few days and were as good as I had hoped.

So in short, Magpul Industries is definately one of those great customer service guys. I'm recommending them to all of my buddies who even may think they need any
Old October 10, 2001, 11:32 AM   #2
awisler

I'd like to second this thumbs up -- I haven't had any dealing with their customer service, but they clearly have the needs of the end user foremost in mind. I recently ordered a 12-pack of their 5.56mm magpuls, and it came with a 25-page booklet with detailed explanations of tactics, application to different mag-carrying methods (GI mag pouches, Ranger rack system) and different reload techniques. Very cool. They've taken a good product idea and applied it very well.
Old October 11, 2001, 04:51 AM   #3
ModIMark0

I agree on giving kudos to the maker of Magpuls. They really looked into the questions that buyers of them would have (and ones most had not considered, esp. having non-milspec G.I. type pouches) and found answers to them. Having it in a nice, compact booklet form was a crowning touch. I hope that they do well as a business. Perhaps I should buy another dozen.
Old October 13, 2001, 01:27 PM   #4
Fudgie Ghost

Do they have a website?
Old October 13, 2001, 04:21 PM   #5
Foxy

www.magpul.com