The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 23, 2009, 07:52 PM   #26
shortwave

Quote:
Metalic lead is competely different from lead oxides and vapors...
Quote:
But the type of lead in those kind of products is not the same as the lead bullets...
These statements are very true but how many people here would give their children lead toys(made from bullet lead) to play with everyday. Kids hands would be black at the end of the day. I`m to believe if same child licked his hands clean the ingested bullet lead would never hurt that child.:barf: I`ve done the same sinker smashing with teeth, boolit and sinker casting, ate as much lead shot game as the next guy. That doesn`t prove or diss-prove doing those things didn`t hurt me. Like arcticap, I`d like to see studies done the states "its ok to digest lead". Probably every person on this forum would test positive for lead. Regardless of how it got in our bodies. Some higher, some lower, but positive never the less. At what level of lead toxicity is your body going to start showing signs?
Quote:
Its just not the same type of lead...IMHO.
You may be right about not being the SAME type of lead but are you sure enough to let your kids play marbles all day using lead 50 cal. roundballs
Old November 23, 2009, 08:33 PM   #27
arcticap

There's a toxic warning on every box of .22lr ammo to wash one's hands after handling because of what "may happen", especially for pregnant women.
And analysis showed that condors have died from eating too much lead for their body weight.
BTW what kind of lead is in lead crystal, as in wine decanters?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1100357a45%.JPG (114.0 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by arcticap; November 23, 2009 at 08:48 PM.