The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 28, 2002, 06:21 AM   #1
jrsower

Scenario threads...

...may not be all that realistic most of the time, but they sure are entertaining. And at times, pretty educational considering many of you would do something completely different from what I'd do. So as far as that goes, I learn something from even the most foolish scenario threads.

It seems like they come in vogue for a while and then people get bored with them and we don't hear anything for a couple of months and then we have 5 or 6 at a time.

Anyway, I guess I'm saying let's start up a couple. I enjoy learning from TFL, but tactical (sorry for the "tactical" word use guys ) situations sure do pass the time quickly at work.

Last edited by jrsower; August 28, 2002 at 10:12 AM.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:55 PM   #2
David Scott

Ever heard of the Zen archers? They spend years meditating on the idea of an arrow striking the bullseye, never touching a bow. Then, one day, they pick up a bow, fire one perfect bullseye, and never touch a bow again. Secnarios are kind of like that, mental preparation for something that may only happen once in your life. I like 'em.
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old August 28, 2002, 02:29 PM   #3
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

jrsower,

Ever been over here to AF/CQC? Scenarios a-go-go. Take a look around.