The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 20, 2001, 12:48 AM   #1
Redlg155

Glock 30 Hog

Well folks,

I finally harvested a wild hog with my G30! I had initially decided to use my 35 Remington to shoot the hog and use my G30 for backup. Lucky for me....and unlucky for the hog, I was presented with a great close range shot.

The 250lb Boar collapsed immediately from a running shot after being hit in the neck with one S&B 230gr FMJ. The bullet entered the right side of the neck and fractured the spinal column before passing completely through. The range was approximately 15yards.

Needless to say I am more than happy. Not only did I get the hog I wanted, but I used my Concealed Carry weapon to do so. There is nothing like doing something like that to build confidence in your weapon/caliber combination.

Good Shooting
RED
Old November 20, 2001, 12:52 AM   #2
Fred Hansen

Nice shootin' Tex!!
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore