The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 5, 2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Contrast Man

S&W 622

I just ran across a 622 at my LGS listed at $275. I didn't get the chance to handle it (closing time) but it looks like it is in very good condition and has two magazines. This strikes me as being a great deal, but what do you guys think?
Old October 6, 2012, 08:04 AM   #2
PSP

Yes that's a good deal. An odd little .22, but they are quality, accurate and have a pretty nice trigger. If you want a nice .22 for fun and grins, I'd say "buy it". I've seen them go as high as $600. Usually go for around $300 to $400.

I rarely shoot mine anymore, but it has always functioned well.

Old October 6, 2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Hunter Customs

Quote:
S&W 622

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just ran across a 622 at my LGS listed at $275. I didn't get the chance to handle it (closing time) but it looks like it is in very good condition and has two magazines. This strikes me as being a great deal, but what do you guys think?
The 422, 622 and 2206 were all great guns.
If you decide you don't want to buy the gun, would please let me know who has it I would be interested in it.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com
Old October 6, 2012, 09:43 AM   #4
carguychris

Be aware that there's no easy way to mount optics on these guns because they use a slide rather than a rear-mounted bolt like most modern .22LR target pistols. I've seen scope mounts for the x22/2206 series, but they're big affairs that attach to the lower frame and wrap around the top of the gun.

If you only intend to shoot it using irons, then yes, I agree that it's a good deal. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a very nice M422 at a LGS for ~$180 about a year ago.
Old October 6, 2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Hunter Customs

Quote:
Be aware that there's no easy way to mount optics on these guns because they use a slide rather than a rear-mounted bolt like most modern .22LR target pistols. I've seen scope mounts for the x22/2206 series, but they're big affairs that attach to the lower frame and wrap around the top of the gun.

If you only intend to shoot it using irons, then yes, I agree that it's a good deal. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a very nice M422 at a LGS for ~$180 about a year ago.
I machined scope mounts that fit on top of the gun for the 422, 622 and 2206.
If you go to my website and pull up the "our work" page and view the pictures in the competition alblum you will see a 2206 with a PD3 reddot mounted on the scope mount I made.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com