The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 13, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Luv_to_shoot

Ruger 10/22 can issue

My father has a Ruger 10/22 (stainless w/ bull barrel) with a supressor and has problems with it ejecting shells. The subsonic rounds do not eject from the rifle causing him much grief. He wants to trade me the 10/22 for a bolt action. I was just wondering if any of you gun gurus had any suggestions or tricks for this problem. Thanks.
Old October 13, 2008, 10:28 PM   #2
ogree

Try a different brand of subsonic ammo in the 10/22, maybe you will find some that has enough power to cycle the rifle properly.

Might have to just use standard velocity .22 LR (which is subsonic anyway), Remington Target ammo is standard velocity and is also very accurate. You may have to have someone order it for you cause not many shops stock it and those that do usually sell out pretty fast.
Old October 13, 2008, 10:33 PM   #3
hoytinak

Yeah alot of .22lrs are picky about ammo anyways, so I'd have him try different rounds. I've always used standard velocity rounds, they seem to be super quite in the outback and function great. I've wondered about subsonics though, might need to try some.
Old October 13, 2008, 10:35 PM   #4
Luv_to_shoot

appreciate any and all help. I may just get him a bolt action and trade for the 10/22.
Old October 13, 2008, 11:38 PM   #5
David Hineline

In the Ruger 10-22 T CCI subsonic will not work, PMC Moderator will not work, I reccomend Winchester Dynapoint.

Also look for pictured on the web of how to Radius the back of the bolt to improve cycling.