The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 15, 2021, 09:52 AM   #1
wild cat mccane

New SP-01 Tactical...and you only have to pay $400 more.

I do a good amount of bagging on the Shadow and SP-01. I admit it.

But perhaps I finally have an example of CZ just fleecing between parts... even CZ fans might agree with me. Not that the $100 total upgraded parts of the $550 P-10F Competition at $1,000 wasn't proof enough.

CZ just released a $1,100 SP-01 Competition.

Only difference is the color grips, mags, and a hammer that should have been on the SP-01 to begin with (meaning, the SP-01 shouldn't have come with the round hammer where the cheaper P-07/P-09 came with the improved "duty" hammer). Only costs $400 more than the SP-01 Tactical. No hand fitting is included.

Here's the interesting thing. If you buy the Competition hammer or the Tactical regular hammer...they cost the same. Once again, like the P-10F Competition...if you buy the parts themselves, you are hundreds below buying this new SP-01 Competition cost. Just really kinda lame.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-competition/
Old November 15, 2021, 10:03 AM   #2
wild cat mccane

Oops. And while this model comes with a fiber optic front, my and standard SP-01s came/come with night sights.