The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 20, 2018, 08:19 PM   #1
KLCane

Just got my new Sig P938

First all, I know I have only been shooting for less than a year, but it is so much fun the first time you open up the package with a new gun. Almost like that new car smell!!

The gun is just beautiful. Took it to the range today. Shoots so smoothly for a pocket pistol. It is so comfortable in your hand and doesn't have much recoil. I am so glad I went with the 9mm.

Sig really makes a good product. You pay for it, but it is worth it.

Anyhow, just thought I would share.
Old March 20, 2018, 08:23 PM   #2
MandolinMan

Congrats! I've had my P938 for a few years now and couldn't be more pleased with it. I think that you will enjoy yours.
" The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper
Old March 21, 2018, 02:41 PM   #3
KyJim

Congratulations! Thought about getting one recently but went a different direction. What model did you get? Pics?
Old March 21, 2018, 06:22 PM   #4
fastlane

I have a P938 that I’ve carried for several years. Very happy with it. I have about 4 or 5 hundred rounds through it with no problems using various types of ammo. Be sure to read the manual on how to clean and lube the pistol. The recol spring can be a changle to reinstall. Utube has several methods on how to install the recol spring that is easer then the method used in the manual.
Old March 21, 2018, 06:36 PM   #5
KLCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJim View Post
Congratulations! Thought about getting one recently but went a different direction. What model did you get? Pics?
I wanted a really light pocket pistol. I also wanted a solid, well-built gun that I could put some rounds through and not have fall apart on me. I looked at the Ruger and a few others, but the Sig was the best option (cost more though). However, it was the 9 mm that was the clincher for me. I have only put 150 rounds or so through it, but it fires so smooth. Just love it. Plus, it is an absolutely gorgeous gun.
Old March 21, 2018, 06:37 PM   #6
KLCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
I have a P938 that I’ve carried for several years. Very happy with it. I have about 4 or 5 hundred rounds through it with no problems using various types of ammo. Be sure to read the manual on how to clean and lube the pistol. The recol spring can be a changle to reinstall. Utube has several methods on how to install the recol spring that is easer then the method used in the manual.
Yeah, that was tricky for me too. The spring has to really be massaged into the barrel without bending it. Getting the pin out can also be tricky.
Old March 21, 2018, 07:07 PM   #7
Schlitz 45

Don’t know if I agree with the “doesn’t have much recoil “. I emptied out my 938’s three carry magazines that were loaded with SIG V-Crown 147 last week and it reminded me how snappy it can be-shot a nice group though. It’s the most carried of my three SIGs and it serves me well-great handgun.
Old March 21, 2018, 07:26 PM   #8
KLCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJim View Post
I got the nightmare. No idea how to post a pic! It's gorgeous though!
Old March 22, 2018, 10:32 AM   #9
RickB

Mine was perfect through 1000 rounds, but I had three failures in a fifty-round span, and even another hundred trouble-free rounds since hasn't restored what had been total faith.
Old March 22, 2018, 08:21 PM   #10
Mackie244Bud

Congrats on your new Sig.

I did see this on youtube so it's something that you can look out for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiz0YYuPqGY

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ODX5DmzHGc

Enjoy

Mackie244 / Bud
Old March 23, 2018, 09:43 AM   #11
bassJAM1

Love my P938 as well. It's an almost pocket gun that shoots better than it should. Recoil is pretty mild too.
Old March 23, 2018, 11:53 PM   #12
Ibmikey

Like those above my P 938 has served me well as a carry piece and with the .22 kit installed it is the neatest handling little .22 pistol one could imagine. I carry nothing but FMJ in the Sig and feeding has been flawless with quite controllable recoil.
Old March 24, 2018, 06:27 PM   #13
Dan_o

Enjoy it! We bought the Rosewood model a couple of years ago. It's a good looking & good shooting gun for a small package.
Old March 24, 2018, 06:54 PM   #14
dontcatchmany

Do not intend this to be negative, but it is I guess.

I purchased a P938 in July 2013.

Fell in love with it. Very accurate for a smaller shot radius and it quickly became a daily pocket gun.

As a pocket gun it did get lint and such in front of the hammer. I kept mine very clean. Shot over 2,000 rounds through it with no problem.

However in late spring of last year it started having problems with going from fire to safe while shooting. Then it started dropping magazines while shooting. While shooting it, the right side safety lever came off.

Sent if back to Sig and it was returned in a weeks, supposedly fixed. However it still went from fire to safe when shooting.

Had it fixed locally and by that time I could not trust it for daily carry so I traded it.

A shame, as it was a great shooter.

OP, keep it clean and hopefully it will serve you long and well. I wish mine had never had problems as I enjoyed it immensely.
Old March 29, 2018, 07:48 AM   #15
jolly roger

Long term for many of these teeny pocket 9s questionable maybe..why I still like a J frame. Wheel goes round and round allll dayyyy long! LOL as a rule
Old March 29, 2018, 03:58 PM   #16
Damon555

My 938 has been flawless through 500+ rounds. I carry it IWB....never even know it's there......The trigger has some sharp edges on it but that's easy enough to fix. If you replace the trigger be forewarned.....the trigger pin is a bear to remove!