The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 16, 2019, 05:59 PM   #26
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagpanther
I'm considering getting a tang or skinner peep,
I have the Skinner rear brass peep. My goal was to get a 100 yd zero, and have the rear peep elevation be able to get me to 200 meters. I could not achieve these distances with the stock front sight (too short). I ended up buying Skinners tallest front sight and just incramentally removing height and testing until I was able to reach all distances. If you are interested PM me and i'll go into detail about how I modded the front sight to work, and how you can adjust the rear Skinner peep for multiple distances.
Old January 16, 2019, 08:10 PM   #27
stagpanther

Quote:
I have the Skinner rear brass peep. My goal was to get a 100 yd zero, and have the rear peep elevation be able to get me to 200 meters. I could not achieve these distances with the stock front sight (too short). I ended up buying Skinners tallest front sight and just incramentally removing height and testing until I was able to reach all distances. If you are interested PM me and i'll go into detail about how I modded the front sight to work, and how you can adjust the rear Skinner peep for multiple distances.
Thank you very much--I've put skinners on a couple of other lever guns--so I know about raising the front height (around .5 +/- I'm guessing?) I really like the looks of the smith enterprises ladder sight, I just don't like the idea it comes without windage adjustment (other than "drift ping pong")--and I like the idea of lobbing those Hail Marys way past 100 yds. : )