The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 26, 2018, 11:45 AM   #1
BlueOvalFitter

Winchester Ammo Part 2

The 1st post was shut down because I only read the post title and I was reprimanded.
So, does anyone here like Winchester RANGER T-SERIES, PDX1, and SILVER TIP ammo? I EDC with RANGER T-SERIES in my FS M&P's .40 calibers. When I use a .357 SIG barrel in the 1.0, I use PDX1 DEFENDER 125 gr. JHP's. In my 9mm's I use 147 +P RANGER T-SERIES JHP's.
Old December 26, 2018, 12:03 PM   #2
BarryLee

Over the last few years I've used mostly the PDX1 or the Speer Gold Dots in .45acp and 9mm.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old December 26, 2018, 04:35 PM   #3
BlueOvalFitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryLee View Post
Over the last few years I've used mostly the PDX1 or the Speer Gold Dots in .45acp and 9mm.
PDX1 is some good ammo. It's basically the RANGER BONDED bullet with traces of the BLACK TALON heritage made into it. It reveals those nasty Talons, just not as pronounced as the RANGER T-SERIES bullet. I have plenty of both kinds in my stock.
Old December 26, 2018, 07:27 PM   #4
chaim

PDX1 is one of the brands of ammo I use (depending upon the caliber and the gun, I primarily use PDX1, Speer Gold Dot, and Hornady Critical Defense, with some others I'm willing to use if they are on sale for a particularly low price, but those listed are my first choice).