The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 16, 2019, 09:33 PM   #1
Deltadart

Drop in Bore Light for .36 Seneca and up

A friend was asking me about a bore light to drop into his rifle. I let him borrow one of mine. I also shoot traditional archery and had some Nocturnal Lighted Nocks that turn on at loose. There is a tiny switch that is easily turned off when not in use. I also use them for my muzzleloaders. They will drop into my .36 Seneca, 45 Seneca, 50 Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle just fine and light the bore very well. These come as a 3 pack from various sporting goods stores or on line around 22$. I use the Nocturnal GT. These have a small battery which is not replaceable, but work well for a bore light for the .36. They are also great for carbon shafts archery in low light situations.
Old August 17, 2019, 02:43 PM   #2
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Go to Walmart and ask for illuminated fishing bobber for nighttime use or ask salesperson for a lithium replacement battery that fits such bobbers. Strip the the bobber of its illumination light and your good to go.
Such a light is small enough to slid down a 22 LR's bore.
Old August 17, 2019, 03:03 PM   #3
Deltadart

That's great information I will get one next time I'm at a Wal-Mart. Thank you. We Betsy Ross loving irredeemable deplorables have to stick together.
Old August 17, 2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Pahoo

Go with the amber !!!

Quote:
Go to Walmart and ask for illuminated fishing bobber
If you go with the bobber replacement lights, go with the amber as it is the easiest to see. Stay away from the red. ……

Be Safe !!!
Old August 17, 2019, 05:02 PM   #5
4V50 Gary
Staff

I dropped in a flashlight into the bore of a brown bess replica. Then I peered down the bore for a gunsmith peep show. Ow! Talk about a blinding light. Yep, it was a shiny bore.
Old August 21, 2019, 04:17 PM   #6
gunsmither

Those little Bobber Lights are great. I got the replacement bulbs with the built in switch called Thill Nite Bright if I recall correctly. Yellow /Amber is the best color, as stated previously.

I mounted one with epoxy to large screwdriver I use for shotgun butt stock removal. It lights up the stock hole so you can insert the screwdriver into the slot. No more fiddling around locating the slot!