The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 12, 2019, 04:58 PM   #51
Flicks

The Nighthawk looks great, but I'll definitely stick to looking from afar. The prices on those things more than break the bank.
Old August 13, 2019, 07:49 AM   #52
cw308

The OP got what he paid for , when you paid good money and it worked out great it's worth it . I like 1911 's I own two , one a 70 series Colt the other is a carry piece , Colt New Agent . My friend liked my new agent and bought the Kimber , it's the same as my New Agent ( trench sights with CT Laser grips ) it costs twice as much and you can see the difference . I see nothing wrong with spending the money on something you want . Only difference between my friend and the OP , my friend can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside with his gun .
Old August 13, 2019, 09:38 PM   #53
Kevin Rohrer

I bought a GRP on a whim and love it at least as well as my Wilson Protector.

Caveat Emptor: Cavery Grips from Clayton, NC. He is a scammer
Old August 14, 2019, 04:18 AM   #54
silvermane_1

The only problem i hear with uber expensive 1911s like Nighthawks is they tend to be ammo sensitive/finicky, now if you don't have that ammo sensitivity problem there PhontonGuy, then that's money well spent.
Rugers:SR1911 CMD,MK 3 .22lr 6",Sec. Six '76 liberty .357 4",SRH .480 Ruger 7.5",Mini-14 188 5.56/.233 18.5", Marlins: 795 .22lr 16.5",30aw 30-30 20",Mossberg:Mav. 88 Tact. 12 ga, 18.5",ATR 100 .270 Win. 22",S&W:SW9VE
9mm 4",Springfield:XD .357sig 4", AKs:CAI PSL-54C, WASR 10/63, WW74,SLR-106c
Old August 14, 2019, 04:23 AM   #55
reticle

Some people walk through the Louvre and see pictures and objects. Others see art.
Old August 14, 2019, 02:54 PM   #56
KyJim

Quote:
The only problem i hear with uber expensive 1911s like Nighthawks is they tend to be ammo sensitive/finicky, now if you don't have that ammo sensitivity problem there PhontonGuy, then that's money well spent.
That has not been my experience with my Nighthawk or any of my Browns. I do have a Baer that is a little sensitive when it comes to hollow points, so I only use Golden Sabers when actually carrying it.
Old August 15, 2019, 06:40 AM   #57
claydoctor

Went shooting this past Monday and with this thread in mind, took my Nighthawk, which I probably had not fired in over a year, along. Every compliment Photonguy paid it is well deserved. What a sweet 1911. With minimal assistance from me, it was putting bullets in the same hole. That never happened with my Glock. It's true that both a Toyota and a Ferrari will get you to the grocery store but if you can afford the Ferrari, it will get you there faster and in a lot better style.
Old August 15, 2019, 07:03 AM   #58
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydoctor View Post
Went shooting this past Monday and with this thread in mind, took my Nighthawk, which I probably had not fired in over a year, along. Every compliment Photonguy paid it is well deserved. What a sweet 1911. With minimal assistance from me, it was putting bullets in the same hole. That never happened with my Glock. It's true that both a Toyota and a Ferrari will get you to the grocery store but if you can afford the Ferrari, it will get you there faster and in a lot better style.
Just because you can buy a Ferrari it doesn't make you a race car driver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old August 15, 2019, 12:14 PM   #59
PhotonGuy

Quote:
The Ferrari won't get you to the grocery store any faster legally, you've got to obey the speed limit no matter what kind of car you're driving.
Unless you're going on the Autobahn to get to the grocery store.
Old August 15, 2019, 12:16 PM   #60
PhotonGuy

Quote:
Just because you can buy a Ferrari it doesn't make you a race car driver.
Nope and just because you can buy a gun doesn't make you a crack shot.
Being a race car driver and being a crack shot isn't about owning a special kind of car or gun, they're skills which you need to develop through hard work.