The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 3, 2019, 12:27 PM   #1
Gene Pool

Need to get rid of stock blanks that are consuming space

Gentlemen,

First of all, let me apologize if this is not the correct place for this post.

I have approximately 150 walnut stock blanks that I am trying to find a buyer for (they are taking up too much space in my shop.... and at my age, I will not live long enough to make stocks out of them). I do not want to sell them individually - I don’t want to go through the hassle of doing that. So what I’m looking for is a stock maker who would be willing to buy all of them as a single purchase. I harvested the wood several years ago from several old walnut trees on my property, had it slabbed (~4” thick) at a local sawmill, cut generous blanks (to allow for cast off or cast on, painted the ends to keep from splitting, stacked with drying spacers, and stored in my shop for nearly 5 years now. Every blank is pretty; some have lots of figure, and some are more straight grain. Any of them I would be proud to own a rifle made with. I would take $80 times however many blanks there are, where they sit in my shop. In other words, the buyer will handle the loading and hauling. I live in northeast Texas about 75 miles from Dallas.

Anyone know of someone who might be seriously interested?

Thank you in advance,
Gene Pool
Old August 3, 2019, 07:31 PM   #2
burrhead

I'd send some pictures to Boyds and some of the other big stock makers. Let them make a bid.

Good luck.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.

Last edited by burrhead; August 3, 2019 at 11:58 PM.