The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 19, 2019, 02:48 PM   #1
NavyVet1959

New Acquisition -- Uberti 1847 Texas Walker

NIB, still had original factory plastic and grease / oil on it... $300...

When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959
Old April 19, 2019, 06:01 PM   #2
AKexpat

That is a steal! Good for you!

My dream is obtain a Whitneyville Dragoon repro whenever the funds magically appear. I love the grip shape like the Walker but want the Dragoon with the shorter cylinder and the load lever latch.

Very nice looking gun, sir!

Jim
To be governed – is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censured, checked, valued, enrolled – by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
Old April 19, 2019, 06:08 PM   #3
NavyVet1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKexpat View Post
That is a steal! Good for you!

My dream is obtain a Whitneyville Dragoon repro whenever the funds magically appear. I love the grip shape like the Walker but want the Dragoon with the shorter cylinder and the load lever latch.

Very nice looking gun, sir!

Jim
The same guy I bought this one has a "2nd Model Dragoon" for sale for $350... Here's the description of it:

"Uberti 2nd Model Dragoon sold by Western Arms. Box as shown in pictures shows severe age and maybe even water damage. Revolver appears to have been shot very little if at all. $350.00"

Personally, I don't particularly care what condition the box is in since it is a cardboard box. I don't expect cardboard boxes to last long anyway and don't keep any of them that come with my firearms.

When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959

Last edited by NavyVet1959; April 19, 2019 at 07:45 PM.