The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old February 8, 2021, 02:40 PM   #26
stagpanther

Both Sasquatch and mountain lions have been sighted here in Maine, I have a picture somewhere and I'll see if I can find it.

Found it!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15350452_10211676177770554_6700307311675646836_n.jpg (23.1 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by stagpanther; February 8, 2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old February 8, 2021, 09:11 PM   #27
Geezerbiker

Dang, that's funny... For Oregon we'd need one of a big foot riding a feral pig. We have all too many cougars.

Tony
Old February 9, 2021, 08:30 AM   #28
buck460XVR

I think Bigfoot is something folks want to believe in. Like the Loch Ness Monster, Yeti and Champ. All have been around almost as long as written history. IMHO, for there to be Bigfoots around that long there needs to be a a breeding population. Having a breeding population around means dead Bigfoots and remains. While once there were areas in our country where people didn't spend much time, between the new age avid outdoors folks we have and trail cameras.....I see little evidence of them being around. Yet, like Roswell, I want to believe.
Old February 9, 2021, 10:25 AM   #29
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck460XVR View Post
I think Bigfoot is something folks want to believe in. Like the Loch Ness Monster, Yeti and Champ. All have been around almost as long as written history. IMHO, for there to be Bigfoots around that long there needs to be a a breeding population. Having a breeding population around means dead Bigfoots and remains. While once there were areas in our country where people didn't spend much time, between the new age avid outdoors folks we have and trail cameras.....I see little evidence of them being around. Yet, like Roswell, I want to believe.
I am sure there are people like that. For sure there are people who want to believe in a higher Being even though no proof exist. Why, a number of reasons. Fear of death, coping with life, desire for miracles etc. Some folks believe in buried treasures and seek to find them as a example. Some people believe in ghost and other super naturals, some believe in luck.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; February 9, 2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old February 10, 2021, 01:03 PM   #30
Marco Califo

Quote:
Animal in the film was female. You can see their pictures of the Mammary Glands.
I saw that on TV late at night. She pulled up her wet T-shirt and shook those beauties! I think she may have been intoxicated. I would take her hunting.
Old February 10, 2021, 01:04 PM   #31
Tallest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I am sure there are people like that. For sure there are people who want to believe in a higher Being even though no proof exist. Why, a number of reasons. Fear of death, coping with life, desire for miracles etc. Some folks believe in buried treasures and seek to find them as a example. Some people believe in ghost and other super naturals, some believe in luck.
That got philosophical (and a jot confrontational) out of nowhere...

The belief in anything, however grounded in evidence or not, is why most of us do what we do. From the belief in a higher power sending me to church, to the belief in tasty venison sending me into the woods, the decision, based on experiential or non-experiential belief, usually supersedes the requisite of proof.

Invoke the requisite of proof, and life slows down the speed of the scientific process. Not my cup of tea

"All men are ignorant. The topics of our ignorance may vary, but the nature of the world is that no man may know everything." ~ R Jordan
Old February 10, 2021, 01:37 PM   #32
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
That got philosophical (and a jot confrontational) out of nowhere...
Except for the part about buried treasure. People actually do find buried treasure and with some regularity. There have been a lot of notable finds over the year. Unlike Bigfoot, there is plenty of proof of buried treasure. Of course, there are a lot of quacks who have so-called maps and claims to mythical treasure, but there is some actual buried treasures.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...ves-ever-found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2VXaQ48DNA
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/ro...rnd/index.html
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...y-numismatics/
Old February 10, 2021, 06:58 PM   #33
Marco Califo

I thought susquatch was debunked as overweight and older Seattle former single mothers who could not pay rent, and went to live in the bush.
The down side is: the limit is one, the meat is no good, and you have to pack out the carcass.
Old February 11, 2021, 12:17 PM   #34
4V50 Gary
Staff

Sounds like a revenue generation scheme to me. Might as well throw in chupacabra, mothman, werewolfs. Leave the skinwalkers alone. Skinwalkers are people too and killing one is homicide!

BTW, I've heard from three different sources about bigfoot in my area in Southern Coloradostan. Screams, rocks thrown in the air, big branches being s broken, primitive shelters/territory marking. Dunno if it's true, but it's fun to hear about it.
Old February 14, 2021, 07:06 PM   #35
MP-44

Quote:
I am sure there will be a few dimwits that actually spend their money on a license. Not very flattering to OK law makers. Seems they would be focusing their energies to serious issues of which there are many now and worst to come.
If I were an OK resident and the permit wasn't too expensive, I would probably get one just to frame.
Old February 21, 2021, 09:25 PM   #36
big al hunter

Quote:
I thought susquatch was debunked as overweight and older Seattle former single mothers who could not pay rent, and went to live in the bush.
No, they move into tents under the freeway. Next time I drive through I can send you a picture.

To add to the discussion, Washington made it illegal to kill bigfoot in 1984. Just 4 years after Mt St Helens eruption. Several years later some folks that worked on the cleanup came forward to tell the world that they saw the military bring in covered bodies that were piled up and then hauled to a facility elsewhere. The hundreds of dead animals that were known animals like deer, elk and bear were not covered or hauled off.

Years later a scientist that was called in by the military during the cleanup of St Helens admitted that he performed necropsy on multiple bigfoot bodies.

Why would the state make a law for something and claim it was endangered if they didn't know for sure it existed? Oddly, it is only illegal in 4 counties in the state.....can you guess what mountain is in the middle?

I haven't made up my mind yet. But I don't hunt in the counties where it is illegal, so I may become a believer....if I bag one
Old February 22, 2021, 05:47 PM   #37
Geezerbiker

The BS sure is getting deep in Washington Sate....

Tony
Old February 22, 2021, 11:16 PM   #38
pwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezerbiker View Post
The BS sure is getting deep in Washington Sate....

Tony
They sell tinfoil hats at the same counter where you buy the permit.
Old February 22, 2021, 11:17 PM   #39
pwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al hunter View Post
No, they move into tents under the freeway. Next time I drive through I can send you a picture.

To add to the discussion, Washington made it illegal to kill bigfoot in 1984. Just 4 years after Mt St Helens eruption. Several years later some folks that worked on the cleanup came forward to tell the world that they saw the military bring in covered bodies that were piled up and then hauled to a facility elsewhere. The hundreds of dead animals that were known animals like deer, elk and bear were not covered or hauled off.

Years later a scientist that was called in by the military during the cleanup of St Helens admitted that he performed necropsy on multiple bigfoot bodies.

Why would the state make a law for something and claim it was endangered if they didn't know for sure it existed? Oddly, it is only illegal in 4 counties in the state.....can you guess what mountain is in the middle?

I haven't made up my mind yet. But I don't hunt in the counties where it is illegal, so I may become a believer....if I bag one
I'd be interested in your sources.....
Old February 23, 2021, 12:11 AM   #40
Marco Califo

Susquatch Conspiricy Theories

Quote:
I'd be interested in your sources....
Google and you will find them. After you do, you will probably think they are typical "conspiracies theories", or National Inquirer pulp fill. I did.
Old February 23, 2021, 03:10 AM   #41
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al hunter

Google search did not reveal any such scientist claiming to have done any such necropsies, only claims of people who knew people and other such nonsense.

Why make laws just 4 years after the eruption? Simple, aside from keeping hunters from shooting people, it was done to help re-establish tourism.
Old February 23, 2021, 07:59 AM   #42
CajunBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Califo View Post
I saw that on TV late at night. She pulled up her wet T-shirt and shook those beauties! I think she may have been intoxicated. I would take her hunting.
If you had some Mardi Gras beads, you'd be ahead in the game.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old February 23, 2021, 08:51 AM   #43
Mainah

"Devolution" by Max Brooks is a fun novel about conflicts between a pack of Bigfeet (foots?) and humans in WA created by a volcanic eruption.

I've done some backpacking in the Cascades and other remote areas in Washington. I can't see how a race of giant apes could continue to go undetected when everyone has a camera in their pocket now.
Old February 23, 2021, 11:08 AM   #44
Marco Califo

Quote:
Screams, rocks thrown in the air, big branches being broken, primitive shelters/territory marking
That territory marking was me. Prostatitis compels me to mark territory often.

Last edited by Marco Califo; February 23, 2021 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Fix
Old February 23, 2021, 02:19 PM   #45
shurshot

Stagpanther, that photographic evidence is amazing! I'm in Southern Maine... I SAW ONE TOO!!!

The Bigfoot I spotted was heavier... wider & female and curvy, like in the 60's Roger Patterson film. It was several years ago but I still have shivers up and down my spine when I recall the incident.

She was in front of me in the Hannaford Supermarket line and paying for a cart full of junk food with an State issued EBT / foodstamp card. I stood silently as I was afraid. Very afraid. Eventually, after getting everything, including 4 cases of Mountain Dew paid for, she silently ambled off into the parking lot, never to be seen again.

I still wish I had taken her picture, but I was too frozen in fear to lift my cell phone up. Looking back, I could have easily been crushed with a single swipe from her giant paw.

I'm glad I remained motionless. A man's got to know his limitations.
Old February 24, 2021, 12:52 AM   #46
big al hunter

Quote:
I'd be interested in your sources....
It was one of the chasing bigfoot documentaries on t.v. I don't remember which channel made it. It was between episodes of alien abductions and conspiracy theories of who killed JFK. It struck me as funny that someone claimed to have seen several bodies of bigfoot from around St Helens, the same area where it is illegal to shoot bigfoot. Why didn't the state make it illegal to shoot bigfoot everywhere in the state. Bigfoot has been reported in nearly every part of the state, even a few in my town. If it was to protect people from idiots chasing bigfoot wouldn't it make more sense to include the entire state?
Old February 24, 2021, 01:01 PM   #47
Marco Califo

Quote:
chasing bigfoot documentaries on t.v.
The one that was hosted by Geraldo Rivera and Joe Isuzu?
Old February 24, 2021, 09:55 PM   #48
big al hunter

Quote:
The one that was hosted by Geraldo Rivera and Joe Isuzu?
I don't think it was on that level of credibility.....
Old February 25, 2021, 10:38 AM   #49
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK, this isn't even remotely hunting related.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread