The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 1, 2015, 06:44 PM   #1
condor bravo

Reloading Unlimited (again)

Reloading Unlimited that was recently discussed in a thread is certainly alive and well and they now claim to have over 5000 items. You'll recall that their prices are on the far side of normal, including hazmat fee, but they do seem to have a large variety of powders. As an example, today they show they have the 9 oz cans of Trail Boss powder (and the five lb containers) whereas yesterday the 9 oz cans were not available. The price for the 9 oz can of TB (same size can as the normal one lb can of standard powders) is $26 compared to usual gun show price of $20 and less in gun shops. And they also show HP-38. But if you need powder or numerous other items, you can probably find it there. And as we seemed to have found out previously, they apparently do ship out their daily maximum limit of powder. From my one order their shipping is fast but albeit prices are somewhat steep although they claim many items to be on sale. Powders probably run out quickly and the two mentioned could very well be temporarily out again by the time you are reading this.

Last edited by condor bravo; September 1, 2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old September 3, 2015, 04:50 AM   #2
Real Gun

When you need powder, buy it.
Old September 5, 2015, 11:15 AM   #3
jag2

Not sure what the purpose of this post is. I remember the discussions from our previous posts, I was OK with their prices although I do admit they were a bit high. But guess what, I got what I wanted (AA #5) when no one else had it. So I just did a quick check, Powder Valley (which was referred to for having lower prices) now has AA #5 along with other powders that I haven't seen there for a long, long time. But guess what again, Reloading has lowered their prices quite a bit, look to be about the same as PV but I did't really check that closely. Seems like a case of free enterprise at work. I did't feel like I was being price gouged say compared to Cheaper Than Dirt. One of the larger gun shows in Dallas will be in a couple of weeks so I'm interested to see if prices will be down. I certainly wouldn't say the powder shortage is over but it is surely getting better.
Old September 5, 2015, 12:10 PM   #4
condor bravo

Yes it does seem that their prices have come down some on many items. To use their website, after logging on click on or press the word "FILTER" which will bring up a search field. When hitting on a search, the number of items currently in stock will be indicated. As predicted, the 9 oz cans of Trail Boss are now out of stock (probably just temporarily). How they are able to maintain such a large stock of powders seems to be a mystery. Perhaps as said by jag2, the great 21st century powder shortage may finally be coming to an end. I mentioned TB and HP-38 previously since some posters had shown interest in one or the other.

Last edited by condor bravo; September 5, 2015 at 05:13 PM.