The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old August 10, 2013, 08:41 AM   #1
dajowi

Gunshop Suicide

A few days ago a 91 year old man walked into a local gun shop and asked to see a handgun. The lone clerk turned his back on the customer who put a cartridge into the pistol, put it to his head and fired. Although the man walked out of the gun shop he died two days later.

I've heard news stories regarding suicides at gun ranges but this is the first time that I've heard of something like this happening in a gun shop.
Old August 10, 2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Tom Servo
Staff

The lesson to gun shop employees is clear: do not turn your back on customers and do not let inventory out of sight. I have caught people pulling ammunition out of the pocket to load a gun. Usually, there's a stammered excuse about "seeing if it fits the gun."

This isn't just about suicides. A few years back, there was a negligent discharge at one of the local gun shows resulting in injury. Apparently, the same thing happened.
Old August 10, 2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

Sad, but this really is not handgun related.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread