The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old March 6, 2011, 09:17 PM   #1
CDR_Glock

Forum runner app/plug-in

I just bought a new app called Forum Runner. It's the same genre as Tapatalk. Do you mind looking into it?

http://www.forumrunner.net/
Old March 7, 2011, 12:38 AM   #2
tyme
Staff

Can I get some feedback from people who have used both tapatalk and forum runner, and maybe some other similar forum apps? Does one or the other app work better, so we could just support a single app on technical grounds?

There's no particular reason I can think of offhand why Forum Runner is not suitable, although I haven't looked into it carefully (I haven't even looked into the details of tapatalk beyond installing it).

I don't want to have to maintain 4 or 6 or 12 different plugins that different people use, which is clearly the direction this trend is going.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old March 7, 2011, 07:23 AM   #3
CDR_Glock

From the standpoint of the forum member, both have similar functions, allowing reading, posting, replying and uploading images-sunscribing to threads.

I run off an iPhone 4. Many smartphones run tapatalk, now.

I have used tapatalk for a few months and stability-wise, it has been variable. It is becoming adopted by more people as they learn that a smartphone browser that runs DBs more efficiently and quickly actually exist.

Forum runner is relatively new. As a moderator on Holster Shock Forums, I get more functionality to move, tag, close and sticky the threads. It runs faster and formats of posts are easier to follow since quotes are boxed in like conventional browsers.
Old March 7, 2011, 06:19 PM   #4
tyme
Staff

Added. Thanks.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old March 8, 2011, 07:25 AM   #5
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme
Added. Thanks.
Thanks!

I am finding this app to run more efficient.