The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 29, 2017, 08:55 PM   #1
Joe_Pike

Combat Armory....Sloooooowwwwwwwwww.

I'm coming up on two weeks of having ordered a firearm from Combat Armory. They created a shipping label the next day and have never got around to shipping the item. My guess is that the item isn't in stock and they are waiting for a shipment. I'm probably going to cancel the order and move on. With no big panic going on I figured they would ship quickly....not so.

Anyway, if you buy something and expect it in a timely manner, I would probably look somewhere else. It's funny, Palmetto state has always talked about their slow shipping times, but I have always received stuff quicker than this from them.
Old August 31, 2017, 07:59 PM   #2
Joe_Pike

I emailed Combat Armory earlier today and told them I wanted to cancel my order because of no movement on the items in two weeks. They did not bother to email me back, but it now shows that the package was finally scanned at
pickup at nearly 8:00 pm this evening. That tells me that they got my message and hurried to ship the item so that they could tell me that there would be no cancellation. Very disappointing on how they handled that.
Old August 31, 2017, 08:11 PM   #3
JoeSixpack

I ordered some holsters from them a couple months ago.. shipped pretty quick.

I bet you're right about them shipping quick to avoid a cancel though.
I've ran into that before with some shops.. I don't remember where or what but this one time I wanted to cancel a order an hour after I placed it.

Oh it already shipped.. hmm.. ya.. im sure.

I just had a pistol upper from davidson defense come with the wrong barrel.
They was quick to give me a pre paid label to send it back but the tracking broke on it and I emailed them a week later to see if they actually got package or if it got lost in the system.

I got email back telling me it just arrived 15mins ago and they would get it fixed and sent back asap.. about an hour later my brother walks in with package for me, they had already swapped the barrel and sent it back but never informed me they received it, fixed it, or had sent it back... the person who answered me in the email lied and for no good reason.

Upper seems legit though but still need a few parts to complete the build so hopefully it shoots as good as it looks.

Kisiwa Creek Armor.. 2 ar15 uppers, what appears to be a one man show.. long story short, uppers came with canted handguards, told me they'd reimbursement for shipping sending it back for repiar.. sent it back, got them back 1 was still misaligned, discovered improper length gas system (advertised as mid but was carbine) so sent them in for a refund, few weeks go by, finally get a refund, hound them for a check for the shipping, never get it, gave up must need the money more then I do.
Luckly I was able to pay with paypal and they covered the return shipping the 2nd time otherwise I'd be 40 dollars in the hole instead of 20 over that "companies" incompetence.

I actually need to go back and update that thread I made about it come to think of it.

You can't trust anyone these days, it's sad.

Last edited by JoeSixpack; August 31, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old August 31, 2017, 08:23 PM   #4
Joe_Pike

I didn't really think the cancellation would be a big deal since the price of the item had gone up in price $30 since I ordered it. They would have been ahead to do that.
Old August 31, 2017, 11:37 PM   #5
JoeSixpack

well a fish on the line is worth 2 in the pond.. er or something like that.
Who knows if anyone was gonna buy it for the new price, Im sure they was already making money on the one you bought.
Old September 19, 2017, 02:08 PM   #6
Joe_Pike

UPDATE: When I received the firearm (three weeks after ordering) there was supposed to be a couple of other items in the box that I also purchased but were not there. I emailed the company and they led me to believe the items would be shipped right out. That has been two weeks ago and I have seen nothing, plus they have cut off communications with me. So, my recommendation is to avoid doing business with Combat Armory.

Last edited by Joe_Pike; September 19, 2017 at 03:10 PM.