The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 26, 2001, 02:41 PM   #1
sigar

I was wondering if anyone had tried OC foggers/grenades. What do you think about using such for home defense? The thought is if someone breaks in pop a fogger, toss it down the hall, shut the bedroom door, put on the gas mask, and wait for the cavalry. Seems pretty effective to me. What do you think? They can be found at http://www.guardianproducts.com Another important question, Would this be legal for this use in California? Thanks.
Old January 26, 2001, 04:04 PM   #2
M1911

Well, I can't put gasmasks on my cats. And with my beard and mustache, a gasmask would be of limited effectiveness on me as well. YMMV.

M1911
Old February 2, 2001, 06:04 PM   #3
HeadHunter

I think the OC foggers can add a great deal of depth to a home defense plan. Keep one near the saferoom and one near an outer door.

For a home invasion, go to safe room, leaving unpleasant chemical behind as a present for the home invaders. If uninvited guests, as mentioned in the Futile Noble Gesture http://www.gunrag.com/showarticle.php3?article=15, are there when you get home, use the one near the door as a present for them, they will come out.