The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 4, 2011, 06:14 PM   #1
gilfo

Wolff Spring kit for SP101 instructions?

Just ordered a kit for the SP101. Question is does it come with installation instructions. I know IBOK has detailed instructions but this is the only thing I plan on doing to the SP101 so I don't want to order the book. The video on you tube is not the greatest, is there any other videos out there to walk me through it. Seems easy enough but sometimes I have trouble tying my shoes under stress
Old January 12, 2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Recoiljunky

If I'm correct you are talkin about the wieght reduction spring for the hammer and If I'm also correct it's the same as the super redhawks, this is what I did. remove grip, cock hammer put pin in hole at bottom of spring guide, release hammer, wiggle springand guide out, carfully remove pin you placed in the guide, swap spring, compress spring into guide with hands and insert pin, place it back in the gun faceing the same way you took it out, cock hammer remove pin, install grip, test it out.

Hope this helps
Steve
Old January 12, 2011, 10:12 PM   #3
GunCat

Does your kit also have the trigger return spring?

After removing the hammer spring you can then remove the hammer pin and hammer. Next take out the trigger guard and trigger/transfer bar. The trigger return spring is contain in the trigger guard by a pin. That spring is easy enough to see and understand how to replace once the trigger guard is out of the frame.
Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatigue, and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps, and happy campfires.
Fred Bear 1902-1988
Old January 14, 2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Twinsig

lil bit tricky

Just slightly tricky when re-installing the hammer & hammer strut. You just have to hold your mouth just right.
But yes, mine came w/instr.
Old January 15, 2011, 12:33 AM   #5
webbee

Quote:
You just have to hold your mouth just right.
Now that struck me as funny...and true.
Old January 15, 2011, 06:15 AM   #6
MW surveyor

Nah, just have to remember which way you took it out. Hint, put it back in the same way.

I've replaced the springs on my SP101 and would suggest that you not change the original return spring if you like to fire rapidly. The original seems to work OK with the lighter hammer springs.