The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 17, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Ethan.G

Rem 887 Nitro Mag Tactical

im looking to buy one and id like some opinions on it.

So starting my search i decided what i wanted was a relatively inexpensive pump gun that i could use for HD and/or for hunting/clays. i wanted a short barrel but i also wanted a choke system and for a while i thought why not just buy two barrels but then that idea got expensive quickly.
Untill i found this at a local gun shop for 440$ i like the short barrel and the extended mag tube for defense and i like the barrel rib (im guna take the rail system off) and choke system for hunting and clays

anyone have any experience with it (or any 887 nitro mags)? iv used Mossberg 500s and Winchester defenders extensively but iv never really handled Remingtons, iv shot an 870 before but only a few rounds

link for whoever doesnt know, now you know
Old July 17, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Creeper

Never owned one, but I've test fired and sold several in the first few years they were out. I like 'em... light, smooth and seemingly quite durable with the poly armor (what ever they call it ) finish. With the 1913 rail and the rib and HiViz, you got lots of sighting options.

There were a few negative reports and articles when they first came out around 2009... but I believe they've sorted what ever issues they had.

Cheers,
C