The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 2, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1
jcalabria

Beretta Px4 Storm Issue

Has anyone seen this before? My Px4 will not make it through a magazine without a FTE or a Stovepipe. The last round does not even eject from the gun after being fired. Any thoughts? Could the extractor be too tight, maybe needing to be filed down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZxQf...ature=youtu.be
Old September 2, 2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Recoiljunky

Looks like an ejector issue. Contact beretta they should be verry helpfull.
Old September 2, 2013, 07:31 PM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

Agree. Some sort of problem with the ejector.

The reason the last case stays on the extractor but the others seem to eject is that the next round feeding up from the magazine tends to bump the empty case off the extractor--just not as effectively as a proper ejector would do it.

Beretta should be willing to help. Send them a link to the video when you contact them.

I wouldn't make any modifications to the gun.

By the way, what kind of ammunition are you using?
Old September 2, 2013, 07:36 PM   #4
jcalabria

I have tried several types of ammo. WWB, Blazer Brass and Aluminum and PMC all are 115gr and the best results were with the Blazer Aluminum with about 1 or 2 jams per mag vs. 4 to 5 with the brass cased ammo.
Old September 2, 2013, 07:44 PM   #5
JohnKSa
Staff

Go ahead and tell them what ammunition you were using when you contact them. They'll probably ask--you might as well have the information ready for them.
Old September 2, 2013, 08:20 PM   #6
jcalabria

Thanks John, I am going to open up a case with their customer support now. Hopefully I won't have to send the gun in, but I have a feeling that is where this will be going.
Old September 2, 2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Southside830

I'm done with Beretta. I've had both a 92fs and a PX4 storm shut down due to springs. On the 92fs I cleaned the gun and the spring that moves the trigger bar became displaced and the gun would not reset. On the PX4 storm the slide stop spring fell out so the slide would lock back randomly in the middle of a magazine. Thank god these problems arose at the range and not in a life threatening situation. IMO Beretta pistols are made with outdated technology. Way too many moving parts the can break or become dislodged for my taste.
Old September 4, 2013, 10:37 PM   #8
Aristides

Hmmm... my experience with Beretta is the opposite. I have two 92FS, two PX4's (compact and subcompact) and two Cheetah's. None of them has ever failed in any way. I consider my Berettas to be as reliable as my revolvers.

I have had numerous malfunctions with several other semi-autos.

Tags
extractor , fte , px4 , stovepipe