The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old October 26, 2013, 08:01 AM   #26
FairWarning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
A nice Ruger M77 is on my bucket list though. I have always thought it to be the sharpest production bolt action out there. I also love the Mauser bolt action.
I have a friend who bought a nice sports car when he was near retirement age, because he said it had always been on his bucket list, and his bucket was getting shallow!!

Life is short. Enjoy it!
Old October 27, 2013, 05:49 AM   #27
Picher

I said that Ruger may make a deluxe version of the American. That might result in their dropping the 77, maybe not immediately, but you never know what will happen in the business...especially when a firearm company gets bought out by a large corporation. Profit rules, no matter how much we drool.
Old October 27, 2013, 08:10 AM   #28
steveNChunter

What I see happening is more variations of the RAR and less lower cost options of the M77 such as the basic Hawkeye. They will need to widen the gap between the two lines if they expand the RAR line.

Kind of like what's Happened to Weatherby. Is the MK V really more accurate than the Vanguard? No but it's a lot nicer rifle. And a lot more expensive than the basic Vanguard.
Old October 27, 2013, 11:51 AM   #29
B.Bonham

Yes

My dream rifle is a Ruger No. 1 chambered in 6.5 Swedish - Not happening this week!