The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 30, 2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Jackson Hammersmith

New P320 ejection

So I pulled the trigger on a new P320 Carry (the compact slide with the full size 17rd Grip) in 9mm. I know it’s new and needs some breaking in but I’ve got about 200 rounds through it and the ejection is extremely week, spent cases land on my feet and occasionally fly forward over my left hand. Is this problem going to work itself out or do I need to give Sig a call? Also, It will not cycle when loaded 17+1 either, the 17th round barely squeezes in and just puts too much pressure on the slide to cycle.
Old November 30, 2018, 11:56 PM   #2
TunnelRat

What ammo?
Maintain situational awareness
Old December 1, 2018, 05:13 AM   #3
1stmar

Make sure your grip is not retarding the slide. The 17th round make work itself out but ejection will not get stronger over time. My experiences w p320sis that they are not overly tight despite being very accurate.
Old December 1, 2018, 09:11 AM   #4
Jackson Hammersmith

Blazer brass 115gr, Fiochii 115gr, LAX 147. I have 6 different 9’s that eat Everything and spit the cases 3-4 feet.
Old December 1, 2018, 07:14 PM   #5
Cheapshooter

Can't say I've given any notice to how far my P320 Carry tosses spent cases. Just that it has performed perfectly with a variety of ammo. From cheapo Herters Brass to Hirnady Critical Defense,Speer Gold Dot +P, and my final choice for carry, Federal HST 147 gr.standard load. I haven't shot a large number of rounds through it. Just my normal "shake down" 100 rds plus about fifty in SD ammo trying.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old December 2, 2018, 09:57 PM   #6
Jackson Hammersmith

I ran a mag of 115gr gold dots through it with the same result. Leaving the slide locked back between shooting sessions has always seemed to help break pistols in for me in the past. We’ll see what it does after another couple hundred rounds.
Old December 3, 2018, 01:17 PM   #7
imp

I've got a full sized and a carry sized p320, both throw the empties 8-10 feet. I would call Sig. I know there were some extractor issues with some of the earlier guns.
Old December 28, 2018, 10:40 PM   #8
Jackson Hammersmith

Sent my 320 back to Sig 2 weeks ago, I called to see what they found out and they said it would be another 3-4 weeks before they could look at it. Warranty department must be busy