The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 19, 2006, 05:59 AM   #1
KNJoe

CCW Forum

I guess the name says it all. I tried searching for a preexisting thread here on this, didn't find one, so....

I find all these odd CCW threads scattered all over the place, in 4 or 5 different forums. Despite the fact that that's a bit funny, and I am one of the minority that's actually willing to use the SEARCH function to see if something's been posted before... I think that because of the amount and types of CC threads emerging, it may be simply easier to make it into a subforum unto itself. Seems to me it would fit quite nicely under the 'Hogan's Alley' get-up.

If it would be to much trouble, I'm sure I could assist in finding all the threads [that I could] that had a home there. I'd be fine with lightening the load in that manner, or something similar, as it was my idea.

Thank you...
Old January 19, 2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Quote:
I am one of the minority that's actually willing to use the SEARCH function to see if something's been posted before...
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=184075

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=147790

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=133214

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=51538

(... and there are many more.)

Seriously, we thank you for the offer of help in getting a new forum together, but we have always maintained that CCW issues are well accomodated in the various existing forums. Sure as shootin', if someone starts a thread in Legal & Political on CCW issues and we move it to the new forum, the thread starter will question that since it is a legal issue with them. Same for CCW pistols, or CCW equipment, etc.
Old January 19, 2006, 05:28 PM   #3
KNJoe

I searched for the words 'CCW,' 'concealed,' and 'cc,' on different searches each in this forum. I got the 'no threads could b found matching your description,' or whatever the message is. Perhaps you should look into that. My apologies for not having searched manually though, I feel like quite the idiot now.

And OK. Your reasons are perfectly viable, and I wouldn't have suggested it except the sheer volume of scattered CCW threads. Good luck.

*edit* Results for the entry 'concealed,' only stipulation being within this thread, lead to this result for myself:
'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'
Results for the Results for the entry 'CCW,' only stipulation being within this thread, lead to this result for myself:
'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'
Old January 19, 2006, 09:50 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

I'm not sure why you're getting the results you are. Using only the term "CCW" in this forum only I got 23 hits when using the "Search Entire Posts" option and 5 hits when using "Search Titles Only". The only other pertinent option I am using is "Find Posts From: Any date and newer".

Similarly using the term "concealed", I get 65 hits in posts, but none in the titles.

If you are not getting similar results, I can't explain it.