The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 12, 2005, 06:09 PM   #1
BCBR

Library

Has this site been mugged /hacked?
The library page looks funny and the bottom rite says something about disregard ...... so I got out as fast as I could.
Old December 12, 2005, 11:09 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

The bottom line reads:
Quote:
Valid XHTML 1.1 ... almost.
This page is not valid because of a silly <span> hack required for IE to render correctly.
I believe that is simply the entry of our overworked technical guru, Tyme. It's hard to please every browser out there and some make coding harder than it has to be. Microsoft products are notorious for that.

Other than that last line of code, everything seems to be working fine.

-Dave
Old December 13, 2005, 12:44 AM   #3
tyme
Staff

Does anything still look funny? (Don't forget to refresh; your browser may still have old data...)

Wasn't hacked, and it shouldn't have looked funny.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)