The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old September 25, 2008, 01:33 PM   #1
kentucky_smith

The THR Debacle

Boycott
Until Oleg gets control back.

http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/474369.html

Quote:
Going to court.
In December 2002, I founded The High Road forum dedicated to the advancement of responsible gun ownership. Recently, it was discovered that in 2006, the volunteer forum systems administrator, Derek Zeanah of Statesboro, Georgia, changed domain registration to himself. After he was confronted, Derek locked out all other staff from accessing the Web server administration and would not share even backup copies of its content. After failed attempts to peacefully resolve the dispute, it has become necessary for me to initiate a lawsuit against Derek Zeanah for the return of thehighroad.org domain name and the forum database.

I am seeking and would greatly appreciate donations to help with the cost of litigation. You can use Paypal ([email protected]) or send a check to:
Oleg Volk 3112 Chambley Ct Hermitage, TN 37076

All donations shall be returned if the lawsuit is ultimately avoided. You can also aid me by re-posting this appeal on your blog, forum or web site. My legal position is already endorsed by almost all of The High Road staff as well as Rich Lucibella, the founder of The Firing Line forum.

UPDATE: Derek's reaction was to disable The High Road forum all together. He also removed most of the staff who opposed him.
I personally just got banned over on THR for calling for supporting Oleg in this in my signature.

From Derek:

Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason:
It's not like you're giving me much choice. Think it over for 7 days. This will be *fatal* to the board, regardless of your understanding of the issues or your intentions.
Old September 25, 2008, 02:28 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

As a general rule, we don't discuss other forums on TFL, but we understand the concerns of many here.

TFL staff is presently discussing the situation, and, given the proposed litigation, what impact allowing public discussion might have on the matter.

Please be patient, and in the meantime, a sticky has been posted here.

Closing this one for now.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread