The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 27, 2007, 08:48 PM   #26
douglasschuckert

Raymond is correct!

Some states (check out www.packing.org) allow possession of one or the other, but NONE, ABSOLUTELY NONE, allow the possession of both. If you go out and purchase a simi-ak47 and have in your possession the prerequisite parts to make it full auto, you effectively have, a POST-86 sample (unregistered). As most of us know, and for those that don't, only SOT's/LEO Units/and Military Units, no individuals, can possess a post sample.

The BATF&E will absolutely crucify people that have both regardless if they are installed or not. To them you are ‘in possession of an illegal made machinegun’.

DONT DO IT!

The 'Keep it at mom's or a friend's' thing is crap too... The BATF&E will still legally and effectively (regardless of attorney) eat your lunch and your ass (at the same time).

Besides, what in all actuality would you want with a simi-gun and the full auto parts? Just to have??? Honestly... Unless you own land way out in nowhere-land, you cant shoot the thing full auto... If the po-po's show up and you cant produce paperwork, the closest you will EVER be able to legally come to a firearm is in your favorite magazine.... Once you've paid the fine, and gotten out of jail when your ohhhhh.... 90.... Do youself a favor... JUST DONT DO IT... If you want a full auto and dont want to pay the 15K for one, then get your 07 FFL & C2 SOT. Then you can build all the full auto's you want (its more detailed than that, but...)
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=2668 - HR 1022 Assault Weapons Ban & Law Enforcement Protection Act (2007) http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348 - Online Petition against! DO YOUR PART, WRITE YOUR DAMN REP, and DEMAND VETO!
Old July 28, 2007, 12:08 PM   #27
dmxx99

In this country you can go to prison for possessing a .22 pistol in your pocket depending what kind of Anti-Rights and Anti-carry state or city it is.
Its all a dumb joke if you ask me I seriously think there is some major flaws in this country especially with all the big cities and some of them states.
I personally think its so dumb to go to prison for just owning full auto parts and whats next going to prison for owning a Semi-Auto AK you know that will have crossed the line with me when they ban semi-auto rifles and make mandatory confiscation then I will have the rifle ready for action and War will be declared throughout America in 2009 if Barack ObAMA,Hilary,or some other stooge like that will win presidency I will vote for Ron Paul who is Pro-Rights and the right guy to be president.
You know how many friends you can make in prison?
And how much fun you will have in there for 10 years with killers and rapists?
Seriously Mixing non violent offenders with killers and rapists is the best mix in the world they will have a party and a wonderfull time.