The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 6, 2007, 05:48 PM   #1
DonR101395

Form1 question.........

After I got home from the post office and mailing my Form1 for an SBS; I was filing away the copies of the paperwork I made and realized that in the original manufacturer's block I put Mossberg but neglected to put North Haven CT. I'm assuming they will turn the form back to me as incomplete, has anyone else done this, how did it turn out?
Just my luck today that I would notice it after I mailed it. It's been one of those days. Guess I should have checked it 3 times instead of 2.
Old July 7, 2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Legion2600

Probably luck of the draw. I've forgotten things that were later approved that left me wondering.
Old July 7, 2007, 10:12 AM   #3
shaggy

Give it a week or two (so you know the NFA branch has it) then call the NFA Branch and ask to speak to the examiner processing your transfer. Explain the situation and see how they want to handle it. I doubt they'll fill in the missing info for you (they might, however, with a short letter requesting they do so...not sure). They'll probably want to mail it back to you to complete, but if you talk to the examiner you may be able to get them to keep an eye out for your paperwork so it doesn't get shoved to the bottom of the pile when you send it back.
Old July 7, 2007, 10:38 AM   #4
VUPDblue

Quote:
They'll probably want to mail it back to you to complete, but if you talk to the examiner you may be able to get them to keep an eye out for your paperwork so it doesn't get shoved to the bottom of the pile when you send it back.
Good advise there. I had a similar issue and my examiner sent the form back to me for correction. Upon my sending it back to him, I had the stamp in hand in a week.