The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 28, 2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Soldatlamour

Browning Cynergy - Blue Book Value

I don't have any information from which to date this shotgun, but from the pictures and brief description, can you offer a price range on this weapon?

" BrowningCynergy 32" barrel 12 gauge Sporting clays shotgun. Excellent condition with Browning accessories - hard case. "

thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Browning Cynergy.jpg (15.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Browning Cynergy 2.jpg (35.4 KB, 71 views)
Old November 29, 2008, 04:01 PM   #2
BigJimP

The Cynergy without an adj comb sells new for about $3,200. The case new is about $100.

If it was virtually unfired - maybe $ 2,500 / if it has some handling marks around $ 2,000 - maybe only $ 1,750 in my area.

The verdit is still out on the long term viability of the Cynergy design. 32" barrels are not as versatile as 30" barrels. That gun has a lot of drop at comb and heel - so frankly it doesn't fit that many people too well. If you're buying - and like it - I would offer him $ 2,000. If you're selling - it will take a special buyer. Used Cynergy models around here don't seem to attract too much attention - unless they have a paralell comb - and I think there is only one model with that configuration.
Old November 29, 2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Soldatlamour

Thanks !

BigJim,

I can always count on the TFLers. Thanks for the info. I'm going to go look at the gun this afternoon.

I just joined a gun club, and I've got the fever for an O/U. My partners are telling me to take a few aspirin and wait for the fever to go down ! I'll probably take their advice.

I'm getting the "vibe" for a SKB 85TSS, but, like you say (and I've read), FIT is everything. I don't think I'll know if a gun fits me or not, to be honest.

take care, mps
Old November 30, 2008, 03:25 PM   #4
BigJimP

Fit is everything - and seriously, I'd recommend you pass on any O/U with 32" barrels as an all around gun / in a pure Trap gun, that's different - but in a sporting clays or skeet gun 32" is pretty long - and unless you have a lot of experience with shotguns and know this gun will fit, its a real stretch.

Chances are whoever is selling it, has found it doesn't fit. I'm a big Browning fan - but I think Browning really missed the mark with most of the guns they are trying to market as "sporting clays guns" - when most "Skeet" guns, if there is such a thing, is a much better all around gun.

Personally, before you look at any of the Cynergy models - I would look at the Browning XS Skeet with the adj comb or the XS Special - both real versatile guns. Personally I like the XS Skeet model with 30" barrels.

I own over a dozen Brownings and I don't own a Cynergy / I just can't warm up to the design - but I do have buddies that like them - one of their synthetic models has a parallel comb with an adj comb and its a pretty nice gun.

Good luck and have fun with your search. If you have $ 2,000 - $3,000 to spend for a primary gun there are a lot of O/U's out there for you / I'm not an SKB fan either - but some of the Beretta's might deserve a look - but figure out the drop at comb, drop at heel, or parallel comb options and what fits you before you buy a gun, it'll save you thousands of dollars. My vote for 90% of shooters is a parallel comb ( like on the XS Skeet ) fits and is adjustable with the adj comb option.