The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 6, 2011, 06:10 PM   #1
turnerdye1

Glock 19 Slide Problem!!!

I put in a new trigger connector and now my slide wont come all the way back. I have no idea whats wrong with it. I have pictures but thats about all.

Old January 6, 2011, 06:29 PM   #2
jhenry

You likely did not fully seat the recoil spring assembly into it's recess in the locking block at the lower rear of the barrel. A sharp tug or two on the slide will clear it up if that is the issue. I have no idea past that.
Old January 6, 2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Ace_Breaker

Your trigger housing does not have the cruciform (I think that's what it's called, the metal cross shaped part that is sticking up) installed properly. There is a groove below the metal tab that is sticking out to angle it into. Also, install the top pin above the trigger before installing the slide stop. Without that pin in there the slide stop spring won't have anything against it to give it the bounce and will cause slide lock failures. Hope that makes sense.
Old January 6, 2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Ace_Breaker

In other words, in picture 1, at the rear of the gun, the metal tab that is sitting on the black rail needs to go in the groove below it to seat properly. See the red lubricant you have in the picture. The groove is just above that. Stick that metal tab that is sticking out into the groove and you'll be good to go. To do that you will have to pop out the other pin above the trigger and take the whole assembly out. Put that tab in the groove then place it into the frame.
Old January 6, 2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Burger

You put it in wrong.

I have a few glocks. In picture #3, the trigger bar should not be exposed like that.

Last edited by Burger; January 6, 2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old January 6, 2011, 07:40 PM   #6
voyager4520

Your trigger bar cruciform is not inserted properly into the trigger housing. That's the only problem I can see from the pictures, there may be others so I'd take everything apart that you previously took apart, and reassemble based on the below videos.

Also here are some videos showing detail strip:
Detail strip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fExL6MIq4Fc
Detail strip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgnrRDtfq68
Reassembly 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trpniw70xA4
Reassembly 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBh1zpTbiKs

Slide Stop change/install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbYqWBLa9w
(^^^DO NOT use a mallet to force the pins, wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides relatively freely through)
Old January 6, 2011, 07:55 PM   #7
jhenry

Ignore my previous post. I had posted that from another location and device which did not show those photos. The trigger bar metal thing is in wrong, as has been pointed out. Good luck.
Old January 6, 2011, 10:17 PM   #8
turnerdye1

thanks alot guys. i got it fixed.
Old January 7, 2011, 12:21 PM   #9
Delaware_Dan

Be sure to clean that ketchup off of that thing while yer at it.

-Bruce Lee
Old January 7, 2011, 09:43 PM   #10
TheBigO

Quote:
Be sure to clean that ketchup off of that thing while yer at it.
I know! Is that red bearing grease?
Old January 7, 2011, 09:48 PM   #11
JohnKSa
Staff

A couple of other things.

The gun in the picture is missing the locking block pin which means it has been incorrectly reassembled, something that can cause damage to the slide stop spring.

The locking block pin should be installed FIRST and then the slide stop and trigger pin should be installed. Installing the trigger pin first can cause the gun to malfunction and may damage the slide stop spring.

Also, the trigger mechanism housing pin is missing in the pictures.

In the future, you shouldn't try to put the slide on a gun that is missing some of its pins. The lower should be fully assembled prior to attempting to install the slide/barrel assembly.