The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 22, 2000, 01:42 PM   #1
Steve Smith

I'd like to buy another 1-2K of .45 acp brass. I don't mind once-fired dirty stuff, but I do want quality stuff-Federal, Speer, Winchester, Starline equivalent. Any suggestions on places with great prices? I found a spot or two on the web yesterday with .45acp at 4.9 cents per case, but no "credit card security system" or whatever. I don't want to give my number to a thief.
Old May 22, 2000, 03:58 PM   #2
Mike / Tx

I don't know the sources that you have already tried but most all of the major copmonent dealers sell used brass,(Midway, Wiedners,and the such)> You might try looking at Starline's website. They usually have some great prices and the brass is new. Also you might check out DAC Reloading Supplies 800-344-2450, they also handle a good supply of brass new and used and will take your order over the phone if you cant get it to them on-line. they booth have an 800 number and I have never been let down by their sercice.
Old May 22, 2000, 03:59 PM   #3
Mike / Tx

I don't know the sources that you have already tried but most all of the major copmonent dealers sell used brass,(Midway, Wiedners,and the such)> You might try looking at Starline's website. They usually have some great prices and the brass is new. Also you might check out DAC Reloading Supplies 800-344-2450, they also handle a good supply of brass new and used and will take your order over the phone if you cant get it to them on-line. they booth have an 800 number and I have never been let down by their sercice.
Old May 22, 2000, 04:22 PM   #4
Steve Smith

Mike, I've looked at Midway, and their prices are twice the price of what I found on the net, but I need a trustable supplier, and the folks on those websites possibly don't know how to make thier system secure and safe. I'll call that number!
Old May 22, 2000, 04:43 PM   #5
WalterGAII

Scharch's probably doesn't have a secure online ordering system, but they do have a telephone and great prices. I use their .223 100% processed brass with both my Rem. VS and Bush Shorty. I've also used their processed .45ACP brass. Although the brass is processed, it still needs to be run through a sizing die.
Old May 23, 2000, 12:29 AM   #6
Grey Taylor

Don't think that if a site doesn't have secure access for credit cards that they don't know what they are doing. They could know exactly what they are doing since those secure services cost money. Personally, I'd rather they kept prices down.
Old May 23, 2000, 01:44 AM   #7
Ala Dan
Member in memoriam

Ditto on Scharch Manufacturing's processed brass. I've used .38 Special, 9m/m, and .45
ACP processed brass for them; with great success!

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member
Old May 23, 2000, 09:02 AM   #8
Steve Smith

Grey, I have thought of that. If I were to decide to use the site that had brass for 4.9 cents per round, how would I make sure the guy doesn't runn with the money? This is actually an honest question and not a sarcastic one.
Old May 23, 2000, 09:20 AM   #9
tonyz

Frontsight

Here is a company that has has a good price on used brass. There is a phone number on the web page.So you could call them.
Also you could call directory asstance and see if there number is listed in the local phone book.

Web Page> http://www.oncefiredbrass.com/

Tony Z Master Blaster

------------------
www.vote.com
also for gun accessorys. http://gungoodies.com

[This message has been edited by tonyz (edited May 23, 2000).]
Old May 23, 2000, 10:52 AM   #10
Mike Irwin
Staff

Try Ammo Depot. I've been very happy with the stuff I've ordered from them in the past.
www.ammodepot.com

Old May 24, 2000, 09:27 AM   #11
Steve Smith

Tonyz, that's the company that I was referring to. I just didn't want to print it. I'm speaking to them over e-mail, and will look for them in the directory service...thanks.