The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 13, 2009, 02:51 PM   #1
DaveInPA

Cheapest jacketed or plated .45ACP bullets?

What are the cheapest per bullet jacketed or plated .45ACP bullets available these days? I have a Glock now so I have to abandon the cast bullets or buy a new barrel.
Old February 13, 2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Shoney

I find Montana Gold bullets to be very accurate. Currently their prices for most $45ACP bullets are about $125.00 plus or minus and that includes shipping.
https://secure3.mooseweb.com/montana.../pricelist.tpl
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old February 13, 2009, 04:16 PM   #3
DaveInPA

Per 1000? That's an awesome price. Looks like they have a good price on .223 55gr FMJ pills too. Double score!
Old February 13, 2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Shoney

Sorry Dave. Yes per thousand!!
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old February 13, 2009, 07:40 PM   #5
daywalker627

I am also looking for some low cost .45 acp for the range. A friend of mine suggested that I look at a brand called Berry's. He had told me price wise, Berry's were extremely on the low side. I am going to look into them. I do not know how good they are. I believe he told me to look at a company called Grafts and Sons.
Old February 13, 2009, 07:51 PM   #6
RickV

Try Precision Delta to. They have good prices. I have not shot their 45acp but their 40 S&W and 9mm FMJs work real good.

http://www.precisiondelta.com/index1.htm
Old February 13, 2009, 11:05 PM   #7
pacomdiver

i ve used berrys and frontier plated bullets, they both work great, the frontiers i get from a local reloading shop and its a little cheaper than the berrys, as the last time i ordered from them, they still had the lead surcharge. the only thing, dont crimp them more than just a "snug" as the plating splits and flakes off when fired, i had a batch that was too snug and the little sections of plating were scattered in front of the 7 yard backstop, i didnt see any negative effects on accuracy of it splitting but better to be safe than sorry.

daveinpa, get a lone wolf (less than $100 on gunbroker) or firestorm barrel ($125 and up)for your glock and you can shoot lead bullets thru them. my lone wolf barrel for my glock 21 was $100 as i got the extended one with the 2 porting slots at the end of the barrel. i use cast bullets thru it with no problems. another side note, the LW barrel has a left hand twist for whatever reason i dont know. it seem to shoot the same POI as the factory RH twist barrel