The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old June 3, 2002, 08:55 AM   #1
CDPshooter

Oklahoma State IDPA Championship

Anyonw heading to Tulsa tShis weekend. I'm headed up Friday. This will be my first time to SO a state level match. I'll be shooting in CDP Marksman.
Old June 3, 2002, 09:29 AM   #2
KP95DAO

The eldest and I will be there. By the way, he is now a SSP/MA shooter. He took first place in SSP/EX at Columbia. And for all you Ruger haters, it was with his KP95DC. See ya.
Old June 3, 2002, 10:07 AM   #3
spd522

I'll be there, still trying to break out of a slump. Second year in a row at the Spring Regionals that I finished losing my class by less than 3/4 second!!! Three of us are heading up Friday from Springfield,MO. We will be shooting CDP/MA, SSP/EX, and ESP/SS. And the three of us finished with total times .32 of a second apart at the Spring Regionals. Guess we have been shooting together too long. But then we did all manage to derail on a different stage..............

Congrats to Dan on the SSP/EX win. Proof it's the shooter and not the gun. Now have fun chasing Mike Brown.
Old June 3, 2002, 10:26 AM   #4
bullseyekp

spd,

I don't think we've met. You'll have to introduce yourself this coming weekend. As for the 3/4 of a second loss, that could have easily been due to inconsistent ROing. Did I say that? Overall, that was a pretty fun match to shoot and I'll probably go back next year, despite the 8-hour drive.

Everyone seemed pretty ecstatic that I was moving up to MA class. I don't think I've been heckled by that many people in my life.

See you all this weekend.
"The great German poet, Goethe, who also lived through a crisis of freedom, said to his generation: 'What you have inherited from your fathers, earn over again for yourselves or it will not be yours'. We inherited freedom. We seem unaware that freedom has to be remade and re-earned in each generation of man."

--Adlai Stevenson, "Politics and Morality", Saturday Review, February 7, 1959.
Old June 3, 2002, 02:05 PM   #5
spd522

I'll make a point to look you up. Did I read in an earlier post you would be an SO? If so, you should be easier to locate.

SSP/EX is where I am currently but I've been trying to win my way up in ESP and CDP. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride, at least in the big matches. I do agree on some of the inconsistant ROing but I really have to blame myself this time. I have to quit thinking about what to do next and just DO IT!!!! I always do better when I just let it go.

Actually, last years match was much more fun, stage wise. But it was a little more IPSC-like and might have caught some heat for that from the hardcore IDPA folks. Personally, I like the run and gun field courses.
Old June 3, 2002, 02:44 PM   #6
bullseyekp

They have plenty of ROs so the elder and I will be back-ups. And the ROing will be a little different at the state match since the ROs will be shooting with their squads on Sat and Sun. The IPSC guys say it has worked for them even at the national level!? We'll see.
Old June 3, 2002, 02:55 PM   #7
Jhp147

I'll be there

In CDP/SS, I'll be there. First time in CDP and SS at a sanctioned match, shot SSP/MM at a state match and regional before. Thought about wearing a TFL tee one day....
Old June 3, 2002, 03:29 PM   #8
CDPshooter

Way to go Daniel !! now I know you will definitely feel safer while bike riding the northeast corridor!! haha.

I new you would make it soon, but I thought it would be nats that bumped you up!

Ruger should put you in an ad! That would sell some pistols, don't you think?

See you in Tulsa
Mike
Old June 13, 2002, 09:52 AM   #9
bullseyekp

OKlahoma State Match results.........

For those of you who missed it, the 2002 Oklahoma State match was one of the best matches I've ever been to. The stages were well thought out and included difficulties like 25-35 yard shots, hard cover walls, stairs, a shotgun and poppers, and lots of moving targets.

There were 113 shooters, no disqualifications (that I know of) and over 170 rounds fired on 11 courses of fire.

And on a personal note, my division and class (SSP/MA) came down to .69 seconds between the division champion and second place.

Here are the match results: http://www.tulsashooters.com

Red Castle Gun Club is sure to put on an excellent match next year so make plans to attend if at all possible. BTW, we had shooters from as far away as Houston, Kentucky and South Dakota.
Old June 13, 2002, 07:08 PM   #10
KP95DAO

He didn't say it, so I will.

The eldest son, KP95OKC, placed second overall and was the SSP division Champion. All this with his Ruger KP95DC. Is there any stopping him?