The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 25, 2013, 12:13 PM   #1
smokiniron

Frontsight Training in southern Nevada

Hi all....

Is anyone familiar with Frontsight in Pahrump Nevada?

They have some deals on training courses that apprear very low priced. I've heard of Gunsight and Thunder Rance, but not these folks.

I'm thinking about a defensive pistol course for my wife and I, but can't afford much. Southern Nevada is 'in range' of home, though...

Thanks!
-Smokiniron
and a few defensive firearms, too!
Old July 25, 2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Frank Ettin
Staff

Let's keep this focused on the training provided at Front Sight. Posts commenting on other matter's related to Front Sight, including but not limited to, Ignatius Piazza's personality or beliefs, will be dealt with.

I have not trained at Front Sight. But a number of people whose opinions I respect, including some people I teach with and who have also attended classes at Gunsite (where I received much of my training), have spoken very highly of the training they've received at Front Sight.

So I'd say that Front Sight would be a good choice, especially since good deals are available and it's conveniently located for the OP.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Old July 26, 2013, 08:52 AM   #3
gschoelles

Take a look at Surefire
Old August 19, 2013, 08:18 PM   #4
kinoons

Not to derail your thread too much; I have no first hand experience with front sight.

I have had training here in Las Vegas from a former front sight instructor who has branched off on his own. He is an excellent instructor, runs a place called invictius training. He offers one day classes, which fit my schedule well.

If he is a reflection of what you'd get at front sight, then it should go well. Of course if you chose to go with Chuck I have nothing but praise for him.
Old August 20, 2013, 10:22 AM   #5
smokiniron

Quote:
Not to derail your thread too much; I have no first hand experience with front sight.

I have had training here in Las Vegas from a former front sight instructor who has branched off on his own. He is an excellent instructor, runs a place called invictius training. He offers one day classes, which fit my schedule well.

If he is a reflection of what you'd get at front sight, then it should go well. Of course if you chose to go with Chuck I have nothing but praise for him.
I appreciate any and all feedback - It gives some dimension to the issue. I like to get out of town sometimes; LV is not too far to drive, and I've heard good stuff about Frontsight. Glad to hear you had a good experience at Invictus.
and a few defensive firearms, too!
Old August 20, 2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Spats McGee
Staff

It would also appear that we have another very recent thread on Frontsight: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530879