The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 18, 2023, 12:46 AM   #1
aletheuo137

Any have information on this rifle?

Pedersoli Gamma 90 54 Cal Muzzleloader Rifle

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Old January 18, 2023, 03:35 PM   #2
Pahoo

enjoy !!!

Quote:
Pedersoli Gamma 90 54 Cal Muzzleloader Rifle, 28" barrel
Surprise, Surprise??? !!! Was not aware that Pedersoli, had gotten sucked into the MML (in-Line) market but a sale, is a sale. If you contact Pedersoli, they can provide your with a manual. ....

Generically it's a open ignition, striker fired in-line and most likely, out of production. Faster twist; guessing 1"48. Mostly suited for sabots or Conical. I'm sure it has a removeable breech-plug and it the bore is good, it shoud be a good hunter. Work up your "Shot-String"" and enjoy !!!
I see you got a nice accessory package with it and that always sweetens the pot. ....

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; January 18, 2023 at 03:56 PM.
Old January 18, 2023, 04:03 PM   #3
Hawg

I would think the rifling would be somewhere around 1:28 or 1:32.
Old January 18, 2023, 04:21 PM   #4
Pahoo

Could be ?? !!!

Quote:
I would think the rifling would be somewhere around 1:28 or 1:32.
Haug; You could be right as I've never handled one of these before. 1:48 sounds more marketable. We'll have to wait and see. ......

Be Safe !!!
Old January 18, 2023, 05:37 PM   #5
Jbar4Ranch

I have a .54 cal Gamma 9000 with a wood stock, but I haven't heard of a 90 - maybe just a different stock? They're not very common in the US. I put a cleaning rod and patch down the barrel, marked it, pulled it out slowly, marked again, did the math, and determined it to be 1:60, maybe 1:62 twist. An inline with a PRB twist... interesting.

SASS 47015
Old January 18, 2023, 07:36 PM   #6
Pahoo

Add-on Camo ???

Quote:
maybe just a different stock?
Ranch

Thanks for the input. If you look closely, you will see that the camo coating seems to be covering up some wood. Other pictures of this model, on the internet, are all showing hardwood. I suspect this the camo is as add-on. I recently worked on a Traditions and some of the "back" poly coating is chipping off and sure enough, the stock is made of some very nice Waknut. 1:60 !!!; did not expect that. !!!
Be Safe
Old January 19, 2023, 01:57 AM   #7
aletheuo137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbar4Ranch View Post
I have a .54 cal Gamma 9000 with a wood stock, but I haven't heard of a 90 - maybe just a different stock? They're not very common in the US. I put a cleaning rod and patch down the barrel, marked it, pulled it out slowly, marked again, did the math, and determined it to be 1:60, maybe 1:62 twist. An inline with a PRB twist... interesting.
Yeah, I think you're right. Here's what I found!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Old January 19, 2023, 02:04 AM   #8
Hawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbar4Ranch View Post
I wonder how many people bought these things to shoot sabots and wondered why they wouldn't shoot.
Old January 19, 2023, 03:22 PM   #9
Pahoo

Not a preferred RB-Shooter

aletheuo137
Somewhat at a loss here and great information that I found difficult to read. See if you can clear this up a bit. ... ?

I see this listed, in an older Dixie catalog and it states that the barrel is 22" blued, .950 diameter, cut-rifling, .006" deep and 1-32" twist. .54 Caliber, Conical or Sabot ..... Not a preferred RB-Shooter.
$400.00 list,

Be Safe !!!
Old January 20, 2023, 10:31 PM   #10
Hawg

Not sure what you're getting at but a 1:32 twist won't shoot a round ball worth squat.
Old February 25, 2023, 08:15 PM   #11
aletheuo137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahoo View Post
Surprise, Surprise??? !!! Was not aware that Pedersoli, had gotten sucked into the MML (in-Line) market but a sale, is a sale. If you contact Pedersoli, they can provide your with a manual. ....

Generically it's a open ignition, striker fired in-line and most likely, out of production. Faster twist; guessing 1"48. Mostly suited for sabots or Conical. I'm sure it has a removeable breech-plug and it the bore is good, it shoud be a good hunter. Work up your "Shot-String"" and enjoy !!!

I see you got a nice accessory package with it and that always sweetens the pot. ....

Be Safe !!!
David Pedersoli emailed me and said that he made the rifle for a short time as a promotion for Cabela's.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Old February 26, 2023, 01:07 PM   #12
Pahoo

Rang-time, in order

aletheuo137
Looks like some range-time, is in order and my compliments on doing, your home work. I may not be paying attention as I'm still not clear on what the twist is. Regardless of the varying features, MM/L's are fairly predictable and pretty much follow the same design path. On this one, I would, physically confirm, the twist. ......

Enjoy and;
Be Safe !!!
Old March 2, 2023, 01:59 PM   #13
aletheuo137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahoo View Post
aletheuo137

Looks like some range-time, is in order and my compliments on doing, your home work. I may not be paying attention as I'm still not clear on what the twist is. Regardless of the varying features, MM/L's are fairly predictable and pretty much follow the same design path. On this one, I would, physically confirm, the twist. ......

Enjoy and;

Be Safe !!!
Thanks, wait on public range opening up in Hawaii!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk