The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 28, 2006, 10:13 PM   #1
wolfsong

I bought a gun from Billy Sparks...

I recently bought a Kimber Pro Carry II from Mr. Billy Sparks here. The transaction was very smooth and for this I thank him, and highly recommend him. But I have one question for you, Mr. Sparks. Why in blazes did you part with this gun? It supassed my experiance with Kimber's legendary accuracy. I had people asking me if they could shoot it today at the range. XD owners, Glock owners, Smith owners and people who had never fired a .45 before just loved it! Hell, I probably could have made some money renting it out. I, myself put 200 rounds through it without a hiccup, using a variety of brands and loads, and some hand loads. My groupings will get better, but this gun is right on! Even at the end of the day I put all 7 rounds in the bad guy's head in rapid fire mode at 20 yards. This after expending 600 rounds total through all the guns I brought today. God, I love this gun. Don't know why you chose to part with it, but I'm glad you did. Thanks for the great deal. Wolfsong.
Old October 29, 2006, 01:27 AM   #2
CALNRA

what makes you think that he doesn't have enough guns that are just as good?

If I know the typical 1911 owner, this just reduced his collection by a small fraction.