The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 9, 2020, 09:11 PM   #26
tahunua001

good to hear. I'm glad you are enjoying your new purchase.
Old January 10, 2020, 04:22 PM   #27
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahunua001 View Post
I personally have never liked gwocks, but I have have heavily enjoyed the springfield lineups. you probably couldn't go wrong with either choice as both are reliable and accurate pieces, considering the size.

I have carried springfields exclusively ever since I retired my Ruger SR9c from that position about 5 years ago. I have never had a problem finding a good holster for any of them. heavily recommend tulster holsters if you like clamshell IWB holsters for that task.
Glocks are the absolute easiest to find holsters for. Looking around, I see small holster makers with interesting products, sometimes making for a very short list of guns. Glocks are always on that list.

I'm coming to think that holster availability ought to play a bigger part in our "what next gun?" consideration, than it usually does.

If you go and buy the latest hot Euroblaster pushed by the gun websites and magazines, and lo, you can't find a holster for it, are you actually going to carry it?

Quote:
I have never needed an extractor or any other warranty work, and although they do not specify a lifetime warranty, the few cases I have heard of factory defects were taken care of by springfield.
I have needed warranty work. Locking block on my .40 subcompact chipped. Known issue, fixed early in the service size, as it turns out, not so early in the subcompact. Springfield was easy to deal with, paid shipping, and the gun was fixed (with upgraded parts) and back in my hand in 10 days.

I cannot complain about that.

Quote:
given your preference for the glock 19 you would likely be more familiar and comfortable with the glock 26 out of the box, but do not believe that it is in any way, a better firearm and the springfield XD or XDM line.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old January 10, 2020, 04:26 PM   #28
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel80 View Post
the holster comming with the gun is a concealment express iwb with a claw kit

i have one of thier holsters for my g19 and like it so i prolly wont be getting another one for the xd
Cheap holsters. (They're not bad holsters, by any means. The one I got for my G2C is perfectly servicable, and ticks off all the check boxes for what a holster should do.)
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old January 10, 2020, 04:28 PM   #29
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
prolly wont carry my glock 19 much now
Oh man. I would not trade a Glock for an XD any day of the week. That's just me.

Glad you feel that way, though. Sincerely.

If it's a 19 and you want to get rid of it, PM me.
Old January 10, 2020, 06:51 PM   #30
tahunua001

Quote:
I'm coming to think that holster availability ought to play a bigger part in our "what next gun?" consideration, than it usually does.

If you go and buy the latest hot Euroblaster pushed by the gun websites and magazines, and lo, you can't find a holster for it, are you actually going to carry it?
considering the XD has been around for 20 years now... I don't know if I would call them " the latest hot euroblaster"... that's all I'm really gonna say about that.
Old January 10, 2020, 07:49 PM   #31
mel80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Jackalope View Post
Oh man. I would not trade a Glock for an XD any day of the week. That's just me.

im not going to get rid of it it still has its place the smaller xd is just nicer with my job and my daily activities

ive actually got 2 a legit glock 19 and a p80 19 i built myself as a toy just cause

odd thing is i actually prefer the grip on the p80 frame i dont carry that one though not with the holo and threaded barrel on it , deff a fun toy for the range though, the p80 might go away one of my bosses actually asked me if i wanted to get rid of it

Last edited by mel80; January 10, 2020 at 07:56 PM.
Old January 11, 2020, 09:08 AM   #32
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Jackalope View Post

Mee Too...or second...

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 11, 2020, 11:00 AM   #33
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahunua001 View Post
Quote:

considering the XD has been around for 20 years now... I don't know if I would call them " the latest hot euroblaster"... that's all I'm really gonna say about that.
I was speaking in general, not specifically to the "XD vs. Glock?" question. Of course it's not difficult to find a usable, even good, XD holster. I have a few myself.
Old January 11, 2020, 03:47 PM   #34
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
USNRet93
Back! Back! lol, I called it! haha.

OP, glad to hear it. I wouldn't recommend you selling it. Unless it's to me or USNRet93.

Trust me...I think you're going to come right back to the Glock again.

If you decide to take a class. Take both the XD and factory Glock with you.
Old January 11, 2020, 07:28 PM   #35
mel80

im bad , the p80 is gone and i put down a bunch of money on a p365 , the oem g19 isnt going anywere there
Old January 14, 2020, 03:06 PM   #36
mel80

so ive goten about 400 rounds out of it now just practicing with it on the range single/multiple target stuff , and i have to say im really enjoying the xd , the glock is deffinatly a easier to shoot accurate fast follow up shots with , but nothing i cant correct with some more practice with the xd

last 2 days its been close to 50* out which means no jacket so the smaller size has been nice there otherwise id have been carrying my lc9 which i hate

really looking forward to getting the p365 end of this week as well