The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 3, 2014, 03:13 PM   #1
AdamSean

Remora = Worst Service and Product.

I have been very patient at first, but I must inform people before this happens to them.

I ordered a holster from Remora and requested 2 day shipping. I made a change and they changed it. I then needed another change and they changed it. Then I had a failure with a gun and asked them to either change it or just cancel it.

I was then told they could not catch my order because it went to production. That I would have to wait until I got it, pay more money to send it back and then even more to have a new one sent back after waiting even more time for the new one to be made. This is a flat out lie. They are just too lazy or just refusing to go find my order. I work for one of the top retailers in the world. We have actually unloaded and entire 50 foot trailer to find a doorknob for a customer. That is real customer service.

They are even refusing to cancel my order. I highly advise everyone to NOT buy from Remora. And this is not the first time.

A while back, I ordered a holster for a gun. I was also supposed to receive a free holster as they were having a promotion. This really was the only reason I ordered it. When I got it, it was missing the free holster. Then the gun did not fit. It kept falling out the holster. I requested a return label. They refused, even though this was their fault. So I actually still have the holster in the original shipping envelope.

As I said, do not by from this hack of a company. Their product does not always fit and their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. Save yourself the hassle.
Old July 3, 2014, 04:57 PM   #2
southjk

Sorry you had trouble with them. I've been more than pleased with my Remora holster and will continue to recommend it.
Old July 3, 2014, 05:46 PM   #3
JimDandy

You're mad because after changing it not once, not twice, but THREE times before they shipped it was too much, and it finally went through their manufacturing process?
Old July 3, 2014, 06:55 PM   #4
DT Guy

So you're accusing them of LYING because you wanted a change after they'd started working on it?

Sometimes you read one of these, and quickly determine which party of the transaction you don't want to deal with. In this case, I'm not concerned about doing business with Remora.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old July 3, 2014, 07:51 PM   #5
amd6547

I've been in retail for a lot of years...when a customer with your attitude and history says "I'll never shop here again", I breath a sigh of relief and thank god.
Been thinking of trying a Remora. Your post makes me want to more than ever.
Old July 3, 2014, 10:19 PM   #6
5whiskey

Quote:
So you're accusing them of LYING because you wanted a change after they'd started working on it?

Sometimes you read one of these, and quickly determine which party of the transaction you don't want to deal with. In this case, I'm not concerned about doing business with Remora.

Larry
^^^^This
Old July 7, 2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Auto5

I bought my Remora "off the rack" from my LGS. I'm pretty happy with it.
Old July 7, 2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Vanguard.45

Remora is a great company

Sorry your experience was not a positive one. My experiences have always been good with them.

A bit of advice: I would maybe try and decide EXACTLY what you want BEFORE placing an order next time.

Vanguard.45
Old July 7, 2014, 10:58 PM   #9
JWT

The problem is not the seller (Remora) in this case. It is the buyer!
Old July 10, 2014, 03:50 PM   #10
Captains1911

Some people are never satisfied no matter what. I have a remora for every carry gun I own, and although I don't use them for all day carry, they are convenient for certain situations, and at the right price point. My experience with their customer service has also been positive.