The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 20, 2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Linegrind

Bought an M&P 2.0 compact

Pretty happy about this new gun. I bought it NIB on auction for $350 so with my FFL transfer and shipping it comes to about $400. My local Cabelas sells them for about $530 and Fleet Farm has them on sale for about $480 so I think I did pretty well.

Online gun buys are pretty hit and miss for me. That FFL transfer fee and shipping can really eat up the cost difference to a point where it's not always worthwhile.

Already eyeing up an Apex trigger kit and some trijicon HD night sights. I have the holsters already that should work from my M&P9 I recently sold to a friend but I can't help but eye up new holsters too.

Just sharing because I thought it was a sweet deal.
Old January 20, 2019, 10:15 AM   #2
Old Stony

It was a good deal ! I have an assortment of them and I'm really happy after just adding the Apex to them.
Old January 20, 2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Sharkbite

Ive been using a 2.0 compact as my EDC and teaching gun for about a year now.

Its a keeper.

Id suggest shooting it a bit before spending the cash on an Apex trigger. I have 4 of the 1.0(?) M&P’s. All of those have Apex FSS kits in them. The 2.0 did not need ANY trigger work.

Im a trigger snob, grew up on 1911’s and have owned a number of custom ones. The 2.0 is the ONLY pistol ive ever owned and was happy with the trigger (as a carry gun) out of the box.
Old January 20, 2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Linegrind

That's interesting, I have a shield 9mm with the Apex in it already I really enjoyed shooting although I don't carry it anymore. I found the mag dropped when I'd draw it from my IWB holster. (left handed) You make a good point, I wish I had the money back from the shields trigger nowadays.

I've never had a major issue with my M&P9c's trigger. I know my full sized before I sold it though was absolutely mushy and gritty like pig poop.

I'm not against saving money though. Maybe I'll put 1000 rounds through it first before I make any decision's.

I like doing sights and triggers at the same time on these guns because the plunger requires the the sight to come off anywho. So I'll wait on that mod too.
Old January 20, 2019, 12:19 PM   #5
Spats McGee
Staff

$400 does seem like a pretty good deal on that! Well done.
Old January 20, 2019, 03:44 PM   #6
hounddog409

Love my M&P 9c. It's my edc.

Of course I bought it about a week before the 2.0 were released, but wouldn't get rid of it at this time.

Plus it was $375 put the door at a local shop

Great gun.
Old January 20, 2019, 07:09 PM   #7
jmr40

I don't think the 2.0 version needs a trigger upgrade. I like it out of the box just fine.

Winston Churchill
Old January 20, 2019, 08:06 PM   #8
FITASC

Brownell's ran a special several months ago for $349 plus free shipping and $50 rebate; so same good deal. Now, there seems to be a fire sale on black plastic guns with prices dropping on many models.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 21, 2019, 09:45 AM   #9
Linegrind

I haven't noticed to many killer deals on the 2.0's but I've definitely noticed the older models going for dang near the same price as used in a lot of cases.

Granted I don't browse to many gun retailers sites, I like to casually lowball bid hundreds of times on gunbroker and lose 99% of the time and occasionally get lucky.
Old January 21, 2019, 11:00 AM   #10
IdaD

I got one last year and really like it. I find it a little large for EDC but it's fine under a sweatshirt or jacket, it's a really sweet shooter and I agree about the stock trigger being totally fine - it's quite a bit better than the one on my original Shield (which I find tolerable). I took advantage of the $50 S&W rebate last summer so I was out the door for about $360 including shipping/transfer which I thought was a great deal.

I about had myself convinced to buy G19 but I really preferred the way the 2.0C felt in hand and the fact that it was quite a bit cheaper was a nice bonus.