The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 22, 2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Tengu01

Saiga/AK rifle extended selector switch (for a "lefty" shooter) ???

Does anyone know of or how to aquire an extended selector switch for a Saiga / AK rifle for a left-handed shooter to activate fire/safe modes with thumb ? I am a "southpaw" with no possibilities of changing, and REALLY need to see if there is something out there that fits the bill. have searched for awhile, and nothing that can be manipulated with the left thumb can be found. Thanks, all.
Old October 25, 2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Nowhere Man

Tagged by another lefty.

Dave
Old October 25, 2009, 04:37 PM   #3
5whiskey

Is it a Saiga or an AK? If it's Saiga, has it been converted? Converting would help to shorten the reach for the safety by an inch or little more.
Old October 25, 2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Tengu01

LOL. Glad to see that I'm not the only one here, Nowhere Man.

Haven't gotten the Saiga yet (waiting for Christmas) , but with my luck, just needing to see if there was something out there that would make the manipulation of the selector easier with the thumb. Sort of "getting my ducks in a row" . The saiga WILL be converted, just trying to make this a little easier on myself. LOL .

I also understand that moving the whole trigger assembly forward may make this a little easier, but would just liuke to be able to manipulate the selector with my left thumb while at the same time, not having to move my hands around, or take my eyes off sight.

(...could have SWORN i'd seen a selector switch for AK-based weapons that was made just for this reason....)
Old October 25, 2009, 08:02 PM   #5
5whiskey

Maybe you could cruise around on saiga12.com. They have decent forums with a few knowledgeable people, and if anyone would know one of them would have a definitive answer.

BTW, I'm with you. I could've sworn I've seen an extended safety lever for an AK. Actually it would be shortened, or at least have the thumb rest extended further back on the lever.
Old October 25, 2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Tengu01

Tried there. Awesome site, but no dice on the Selector. Search far and wide on the web, and still looking.