The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 22, 2006, 07:34 PM   #1
cwb

my trigger

i have the enhanced version of the sigma .40v and i want to bring the trigger pull down and some gun shops tell me you can't drop it and some tell me they can drop it to 8 pounds for $60-100 can some thing be done i do not want to waste my money. could some one please tell me if it is possible to drop the pull weight.

Last edited by cwb; February 22, 2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old February 24, 2006, 02:46 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

info for you

follow this post:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201148

I wouldn't suggest you to try to work on the parts. Just fire the gun and follow my suggestion on only allowing the trigger to return far enough to recock the gun. This will shorten the trigger pull which will make follow-up shots have less of a TP.
Old February 28, 2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Coop de Ville

cwb

I've had my 40E for quite a few years now and have done about all there is to do... from shortening the spring to trimming metal. They all ended with eventual failures.

The only real thing that is practical would be to install a lighter striker spring from Wolff. Polishing the surfaces will help too.

If you like, you can also get a heavire recoil spring from ISMI. Just get the Glock spring.

Best -Coop

Reread the original. It shouldn't be more than 8#s to begin with.
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner