The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 9, 2015, 04:22 PM   #1
frcarvell

Big & Tall Shoulder Holsters

Being 6'4" 295lbs, I'm finding it a might difficult to come across shoulder holsters that actually fit my frame properly.....any thoughts or suggestions of companies I should look to or specific models that you may have come across?
Old January 9, 2015, 05:12 PM   #2
wogpotter

I don't know how much help this is going to be but I found one at a gunshow that is very adjustable, both for width across the shoulders & for the "hang" on both sides. Its all nylon of various types & seems well made & sturdy.

Basically there are 2 "triangles" curved for each shoulder, held together across the back of the neck with an adjustable strap. The (for me, but there are other options) 6" medium-frame revolver vertical holster is hung on 2 more adjustable straps & has a Velcro loop almost 7" long that attaches to the belt. On the opposite side are a pair of speedloader pouches that hang similarly & below them yet another Velcro securing lop with about 5" of adjustment.

Here's the problem, it has absolutely no makers name, just a "made in the USA" flag label sewn in.

I can take some pics showing its layout & next time I'm at the show maybe the guy has a business card if you think it will help at all.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old January 10, 2015, 12:21 AM   #3
hartcreek

You are six inches taller then me. I have to choke way up on the straps on all the shoulder holsters made by Uncle Mikes so one of thos should fit you too.
Old January 10, 2015, 09:15 AM   #4
Roaddog

Simplyrugged.com has one that should fit ya.